Model Cars Magazine Forum

What would YOU like to see as a model

It baffles me how many popular (sports)cars are not available as a model car kit. So i searched to see what kits others on here would want to have but cant (or havent found) find them. If theres already a topic like this, im sorry for creating a new one, just couldnt find it with the search option.

I'm personally a huge sportscar fan, especially those made in europe, but alot of the ones id want to have/build just never seem to have been produced. Maybe i'm wrong and some of these are indeed produced, ifso could you post the links here?

Here is a selection of what i would want to get if they are around:

• Pagani Zonda (prefferably the Cinque)
  • Spyker Zagato
  • BMW E46 M3 
  • Koenigsegg's
  • Maserati MC12
  • Mercedes CLK-GTR (road version)
  • De Macross Epique gt1 (respect if you know what car this is without using a search engine first)
  • Gumpert Apollo
  • RUF CTR3

Now i know some of these are real low number builds or half the people on here probably wont know them even. but still i'd want a kit of these for sure :)

It be interesting to see what others on here would want to have.. so tell us all :)

• Like 1

More vintage sports cars for sure- I tend to like the big British GT’s such as the ‘70’s Aston Martins and Jensen Interceptors. 

Also, I’d like to see at least one nice big scale factory stock Mopar, preferably a 1/12 ‘69 Dodge Charger in the same style as Revell’s ‘57 Chevy, ‘63 Corvette and ‘69 Camaro. If they did a Mopar like this, I would buy several.

And while we are at it- we need a Hellcat of some kind. Such a significant car should not be MIA in scale.

Let's see here :

- 1970-1972 El Camino / GMC Sprint 

- 1971-1972 Demon 

- 1967 Dart 

- 1970 Swinger 340 

- 1970 Duster 340

- 1971-1972 Road Runner

- 1972-1975 Dodge / Plymouth Pickup

- 1973-1980 Chevy / GMC C10 / K10

- STOCK Renault R5 Turbo 

- 1970 Nova (with COPO option) 

- Toyota Stout 

Almost any full sized car from the 50s & 60s.

As is, we have almost nothing except a lot of Chevies & Fords.

Think of it.

Since the age of the annuals, there are almost no Buicks, Oldsmobiles, Cadillacs, Mercurys, Lincolns, Plymouths, Dodges or Chryslers available in kit form.

As an example, if you wanted to build a modern tool Buick or Mercury, your only choices are the re-popped '62 Electra & '66 Wildcat for Buick, & the '64 & '66 Merc. Nothing new.

Not a single modern kit from the 50s for Pontiac, Buick, Mercury, Lincoln, Dodge & Desoto.

You can count the rest of the makes, barring Chevy & Ford, on one hand.

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller
  • Like 1

'26-'27 Model T roadster on '32 Ford frame, with 2 engine options. One would be something very popular, like a Ford or Chevy small block, then something a bit out of the ordinary for today, but popular way back when, like a Cadillac or Oldsmobile V-8.

A new tool 1932 Ford model 18 Deluxe Coupe kit that CAN be build stock;

A Stock 1937 Ford;

1938 Standard and Deluxe Fords;

A real 1939 Ford Deuxe;

A 1941and 1942 Ford car (any body style but a wagon, as I'm not much of a fan of wood). Should be easy using the Revell '48 kit as a base;

1951, 1952, 1954, and 1955 Fords;

1957 Ford Fairlane 500 Town Sedan in 1:12 scale;

1958 Ford Fairlane 500 (any of them);

1966 Ford Galaxie 500 four door sedan with the R code V8 in 1:12 scale;

1967 Ford Galaxie 500 (any body style);