Model Cars Magazine Forum

Collection pics!

Plastic_Passion

On 12/8/2017 at 4:10 AM, TonyW said:

Wow, this thread was just waiting to happen! There's some great looking displays going on here.

Here's a couple of shots of my old hobby room...

Copy_of_airfix_123.jpg

Copy_of_airfix_124.jpg

Copy_of_airfix_125.jpg

I used to rotate different collections around. One week Monogram, next week Airfix and so on. I built the room to be flexible enough to do this. I used pegboard for the walls to give an old Hobby Shop look to the place.

The shots above don't have many built models on show. The room was newly built at that point and I was trying out different setups.

Happy days!

Tony.

That does look like a hobby shop Tony. It looks great and seein' all those Monogram kit boxes is just plain awesome! Thanks for posting.

On 12/8/2017 at 9:03 AM, Michael in Illinois said:

Here's where I play. Display cases are from Carney plastics, they keep the dust and fingers off. Hoping Santa has another case in his sled this year, since I'm running out of space.

20171208_095637[1].jpg

20171208_095644[1].jpg

20171208_095710[1].jpg

20171208_095723[1].jpg

Lookin' good Michael as I've been thinkin' 'bout those Carney cases if I ever run out of room in my curio cabinets. However I still have enough room to ad a shelf in each of the cabinets yet. Guess I better build faster.

I have to say that scrolling through this thread I'm a little jealous!

Most of my finished kits are still piled up on my family room floor, still in search of a permanent home after our move.

My shop is nowhere near as pretty as many I've seen here.

Then again, it was never meant to be & never will be.

It was always meant to be a working space & not a show place.

But, I am still jealous! -_-

Steve

2v2uN5gM2xwUbWP.jpg2v2uN5WJ2xwUbWP.jpg

2 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

I have to say that scrolling through this thread I'm a little jealous!

Most of my finished kits are still piled up on my family room floor, still in search of a permanent home after our move.

My shop is nowhere near as pretty as many I've seen here.

Then again, it was never meant to be & never will be.

It was always meant to be a working space & not a show place.

But, I am still jealous! -_-

Steve

2v2uN5gM2xwUbWP.jpg2v2uN5WJ2xwUbWP.jpg

I have to agree. I thought this whole time that I had to step up my beautiful works of art..... but I'm thinking now that the total of my collection is lacking in some areas! But that's okay because everyone here has given me the proof to show my girlfriend that my collection is not as big as she somehow thinks it is!!! So let the collection grow!!!! Her facial expressions are priceless!!!!

On 12/7/2017 at 6:26 PM, Plastic_Passion said:

If you'd like to see my builds more up close you can visit my Flickr page to see them. Unfortunately I have to delete pics on here to make room for some others. My 69 vette build took up some space. Again visit if you'd like. I' not trying to tell you how to live your life. Lol

Here' the link to my Flickr in the collections album. From there you can view others. I' adding new/more pics all the time. 

you can post as many pictures as you want. We removed the picture limits some time back as our disk space is now unlimited.

I really don't know how some of you guys keep these piles of kit boxes looking so nice.

I find that I can't pile my boxes more than about 3 high because I'm constantly pulling out kits here and there to look for parts or whatever.

If I had my kits stacked like this, I would guarantee you, the first thing that would happen is that I would need something out of the Revell '64 Chevy truck box, bottom row, center!! :rolleyes:

Steve

image.png.32e8299187cf3e237285c963198c8686.png

Edited by StevenGuthmiller