Model Cars Magazine Forum

The new Chev has it's own thread, so the Ram gets one too!

2019 Ram dbuted yesterday at the Detroit Auto Show.

Already have an order placed for a Ram 1500 Limited. Not as polorizing as the new Chev. More of an evolution, even though the truck is completely new. Has pseudo-hybrid tech in it, benefits of which will remain to be seen. 

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1114779_2019-ram-1500-first-look-big-rig-turns-the-page

Interesting that the Sport trim level appears to be gone, as that was a massive seller. In Canada anyway.

2019-ram-1500 (1).jpg

2019-ram-1500.jpg

2019-ram-1500-rebel-dirt.jpg

2019-Ram-1500-VLP-Hero2.jpg.image.1440.jpg

1515991608626.jpg

cp4i6947-jpg-1516031191.jpg

message-editor%2F1516024501051-2019ramgallery2.jpg

I like it much better than GM's offering.

Though I think the Ram is over-styled too, all of the design elements work together better, and everything looks like it goes with the same truck.

If I were in the market for a new pickup, I'd buy this just on looks alone...though I could really do without the crease down the center of the hood.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

19 minutes ago, Chuck Most said:

They toned it down somewhat. That's actually refreshing for a change. It's still a bit "in your face",  it's a Ram and that's kind of the point, but it's already less eyesore-inducing than the previous gen. I just don't want to know the MSRP...

I'll have Canadian MSRP and invoice pricing pretty soon. :)

Hope fully the fleet concessions are similare to the current model.

1 hour ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Hey...if you can't outsell 'em, copy 'em.  

In 2017, in the US only, Ram outsold Toyota Tundra by about 400,000 units.

:)

trucks.JPG.b480bdeb2ccc90ec3ed7e99853c2400d.JPG

I knew people would bring up Tundra.:P If you look at all the trucks on the market, they all have styling elements that are also used by Toyota. Headlight shapes, door creases, cab corners, bottom corners of rear doors, tail lights, wheels ,etc. 

tundra.jpg.cf1bcbadf194c8b691d504b4adb43bf9.jpg

ram.jpg.6c0949d9bf9364b0af48fc5c068ee790.jpg

silverado.JPG.7df313b42c958977507945af1c8eadd6.JPG

f150.jpg.c766dff65ad68dda72678ab1daa8990c.jpg

titan.jpg.23f3cb277229209aee5afd5d962850d0.jpg

Yes, the Ram Ram, looks far better than the Chevy,  but the Chevys have been butt ugly for some time,  I am not sure who thought the squared off fender openings was a good idea.   I do like the Ram, and would be my third choice if I didnt get a Nissan or Toyota first.

10 minutes ago, martinfan5 said:

I am not sure who thought the squared off fender openings was a good idea.  

Yeah the square fend are not a good idea. It creates problems with running big tires you need a huge lift

1B4903CC-FA9C-4935-8ED8-9496DEA225BD.png

Edited by 426 pack

32 minutes ago, dieseldawg142 said:

that's a monster truck with rollers on it, usually for transport

square fenders do not limit tire size, depth of the inner fender does. you can take a stock truck and prob physically fit a 35" tire in there and not rub, when you hit is when you turn the wheels, and all new trucks are lousy at this. new truck inners are very narrow compared to old trucks, the inners in my old '85 are well over 2 feet wide

ever notice how old trucks can get away with say a 6" lift and 37's, whereas a new truck will need at least 8 or more inches of lift to fit that same tire in there, or, even more stupid, they will let half the tire hang out past the fender instead....

being a die hard gm trucker, can't say i'm crazy about any of the 5 trucks posted (like my old) but we are thinking of getting wife a new truck, and there's a good chance it will be a 4 runner instead of another general in the driveway

I know it’s a monster truck I just take any chance I get to make fun of a Chevy (I’m a dodge guy).

12 minutes ago, dieseldawg142 said:

hey man, no problems, all good!

I just take any chance to educate a dodge :D(i'm a old truck guy)

All old trucks are good and I just don’t like any Chevys that are newer than 1988.

the main reason I’m a dodge guy is because I have a 1964 dodge d100. My great grandpa’s truck that he bought brand new. 

Sold my 2011 tundra..loved that truck as much as it loved burning gas...2017 f150 with the coyote v8 came home in its place..24 mpg doesn't hurt either. Course the toyota was geared to work hard the ford geared for mileage..jeesh can't even drop a tool box or rocks in the bed lol

All of that touch-screen garbage ... NO THANKS . Give me a truck with vinyl seating , rubber floor mats , and little to no gimmicks and tech garbage . ( I know , I know : "Get off my lawn !" ) . I just enjoy simplicity ; I want a truck to ride like a truck , handle like a truck , and be user-friendly . I want to feel the transmission go-through its gears ... steel wheels ... easy spare tyre changes ... and not a bunch of TPMS lights and other Disneyland Electrical Street Parade antics on the dashboard and gauges .

And , I want to be able to reach-into the bed -- on a two wheel drive , half-ton -- without having to use the rear tyres as a freakin' step ladder ! 

Gran_Star_Wars_Torino.thumb.jpg.6cac1100a048b77da603a8c6d9ae322e.jpg