Model Cars Magazine Forum

51 Chevy custom

59 Impala

I just got this done a few minutes ago.  It has 56 Packard tail lights, 60 Pontiac hub caps, sooped up 6 banger with two carbs, stock grill with custom bumper, and the continental kit from the parts box.  The skirts are from an original 61 Chevy truck that I built back in the day.  Paint is Boyd's Ice Blue and True Blue Pearls over flat gray.  Oh yeah, the top is from the Foose Cady and so is the interior.  Thanks fer lookin. 

Dan

IMG_4802.JPG

IMG_4804.JPG

IMG_4808.JPG

Oh! By the way. I too love the '56 Packard Clipper taillights. Still one of best looking taillights ever designed. One of Richard Teague's best designs. That's for sure. Hard to believe, but Teague who designed those beautiful Clipper taillights, would go on less than twenty years later and give us the AMC Pacer. 

Thanks guys.  My love for the 56 Packard tail lights I guess is from the 56 Packard Executive that my Dad had.  That car was the best riding car I ever rode in.  All torsion ride.  I've always wanted one ever since, but they are out of my price range for sure.

Dan 

Very cool!!!  I love the way you integrated the roof into the beltline and it looks much better than narrowing the roof.  Over all, sweet kustom, Dan!!!?????????