Model Cars Magazine Forum

OMG!!! KFC ran out of chicken...and then GRAVY!!!

Ace-Garageguy

It's the end of the world as we know it...at least in the UK, at least for now...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5445099/KFC-run-GRAVY-week-chicken-crisis.html

"Now KFC has run out of GRAVY barely a week after the great chicken crisis as police release call from desperate customer who dialled 999 because his local restaurant was closed and he 'had to go to Burger King' "

And all this time I thought this type of crazy was a US thing.  Its not like these people are going to go hungry for lack of food options. I guess when you really want something nothing else is going to do.

1 hour ago, iamsuperdan said:

If their logo is an accurate representation, then Colonel Sanders had a giant head and a ridiculously small body.

download.png.eb8f5275bdc9e5102b60cf74512a4f80.png

I like to believe that everything is to  scale. :)

You can bet that Reba is to scale.  She is the best Colonel Sanders yet in the commericals.

11 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

If their logo is an accurate representation, then Colonel Sanders had a giant head and a ridiculously small body.

download.png.eb8f5275bdc9e5102b60cf74512a4f80.png

I like to believe that everything is to  scale. :)

I don't understand? What's wrong with his head versus body ratio in the above logo? It looks fine to me. 

Has that happened to anyone else?  Several years ago, I walked into a KFC near my mom's house, to be told they were out of chicken.  It was pretty early on a Sunday.  That KFC made the national news awhile back, with an employee changing the message on the lighted sign to proclaim that he was quitting (with a four-letter word or two included).  My mom liked KFC (the original variety, and no other) and once a year or so she'd ask me to get it instead of me fixing dinner for her.  No other locations within a few miles, and Swiss Chalet (next choice) had retreated to Canada by then, so I had to get a rotisserie chicken...

I went to a local Popeyes for chicken one Saturday night a while back, and they were out of chicken. I question how this happens? Bad management on the store level, not preparing for a busy Saturday night? When chicken is your main thing, you should keep enough chicken around. Or have a way to get more if your starting to run out of chicken. The local Popeyes is the only time I've seen this happen. And I've seen and experienced other problems with that store. I've never had problems with other Popeyes. 

Talking about a shortage of chicken. One of my favorite places for chicken use to Culver's restaurants. A little over a year ago, they discontinued they're fried chicken dinners. At least locally. Despite how good their other food is, I'm still missing their chicken. They had the best fried chicken.

HEY KIDS !!!     GET YOUR TOTALLY AWESOME COLONEL SANDERS MASK FREE WITH PURCHASE OF ANY SIZE ORIGINAL FINGER-LIKKIN'-GOOD CHICKEN FEET 'N BEAKS BOX TODAY!!! (EXCEPT SMALL AND MEDIUM. AND DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE ALARMIST MEDIA REPORTS THAT WE HAVE NO CHICKEN. WE MAY BE OUT OF ACTUAL CHICKEN "MEAT", BUT WE STILL HAVE PLENTY OF FEET, BEAKS, AND OTHER TASTY BITS !!!)

Image result for stick figure col sanders

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Well i would definitely complain kfc is all i got in vermont, my beloved louisiana (where i grew up) popeyes is over three hours away, and Ill be dammed if i eat another of those fake "chicken" nuggets from McDonalds, theres pink slime in ground meat but what the hell is that white compressed BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH that is now what used to be a chicken nugget, it must be what the dessicated blood cells in the chem trails used to be contained in ( the missing bodies from louisiana during katrina, when the black military trucks rolled in and took all the body bags out of town and no one could reclaim their relatives)