Model Cars Magazine Forum

Come on.... TWD can do better than that.

Spoilers from the last two shows to follow.

For you Walking dead watchers... two weeks ago had to be the lamest plot movement ever. The little kid, who they know is a risk, SOMEHOW gets the only key to the prisoner compound and an AR and then feels like he needs to open the gate to threaten them.  Of course they escape. Really? REALLY?

I can almost believe Jadas freeing Negan.....almost. 

I am hoping they quit taking lame shortcuts. I'll be losing interest.

The silly gimmicky weapons annoy the hell out of me. Daryl and his crossbow,  Michonne and her oversized ginsu, Morgan and his stick.... What's next, are they going to add a guy whose specialty is shooting paperclips?

My kid and I bet on how many times Rick makes that dumb, deer-caught-in-headlights, open mouth stare in each episode.

The show has really taken a nosedive for the past two seasons. Seems like everytime they settle down and try to stay anywhere, the show does downhill. THey need to pack up and start moving again, going somewhere.

Actually, I think at this point they need to start the storyline that ends the show. Next year is season 9. I'd say do a max of 10 seasons, and start mapping out and planning an awesome ending to the show.

I need a little reality with my zombie shows. This season, everyone has turned into stormtroopers. Tons of shooting, but no one hits anything.

And as for Jadis, WTF. If I know that a helicopter was coming at a certain time, and I was going to signal them, there's no way I would leave the signal until it had shown up. Instead, she walks away from her signal, and leaves Negan with arm's reach of guns and flares? That is just stupid. 

It really ticks me off, as I've been watching this show religiously since day one, and was buying and reading the comics since they first came out. I'm kind of a big fan of the whole zombie genre. So to see one of my fav shows get this dull and dumb. Sad.

Right now, I'm enjoying season 2 of Santa Clarita Diet a lot more. It's fantastic!

And season 2 of Westworld is back this month.

And we'll have season 3 of Stranger Things next fall. 

I tend to be forgiving but I too am losing faith. I don't watch regular TV so it really is the only thing I watch with regularity. And since I use IPTV I can watch it whenever I want at any time. It has lost momentum over the last two years.

54 minutes ago, iamsuperdan said:

I need a little reality with my zombie shows.

You can experience zombie reality by taking a walk in my neighborhood on any given day.

Related image

How does a zombie maintain structural integrity to be able to overpower anyone? Since zombies are dead, they are in a state of ongoing decomposition and there is no cell regeneration. They have no muscles and can't weigh more than an average hipster, who also has no muscles. Why do they amble about in herds? And, why do they eat? They're dead. It's obvious that an all-protein diet doesn't do a thing for them.

13 hours ago, Scott Colmer said:

two weeks ago had to be the lamest plot movement ever.

Can't disagree. After Rick FAILED to kill Negan with 1) a car, 2) a Kalashnikov, 3) a Colt Python, and 4) a zombie-disease-infected, barbed-wire-wrapped baseball bat on fire, I started yelling at the screen, "RICK! You had ONE JOB!" :blink:

I'm like everyone else, the show was great but now it has run its course. At this point I only watch it because I almost feel obigated to because I have watched it from the beginning.

I started loosing interest ever since Negan came into the picture. If it was that bad and the saviors were that bad, Just Leave. Start over somewhere else. I understand it doesn't make for a great story line, but at any point they can pack up and just move on down the road.

8 hours ago, Dragline said:

SJW's can be considered Zombies but I cannot slay them. Thus my firearms stay in their various places though out the house. I can dream though.

I've often thought/said that TWD is a symbolic drama, an allegory, and it looks like you've picked up on that, too. B) 

7 hours ago, Draggon said:

I'm considerably disapointed in Jadis. I actually expected her to start smooching with Negan when he was strapped down. Seriously. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! If she'd really wanted to torture him, she could have peeled the barbed wire off Lucielle and sculpted it into a wire-cat. :lol:

On April 5, 2018 at 10:08 AM, iamsuperdan said:

The show has really taken a nosedive for the past two seasons. Seems like everytime they settle down and try to stay anywhere, the show does downhill. THey need to pack up and start moving again, going somewhere.

Actually, I think at this point they need to start the storyline that ends the show. Next year is season 9. I'd say do a max of 10 seasons, and start mapping out and planning an awesome ending to the show.

I need a little reality with my zombie shows. This season, everyone has turned into stormtroopers. Tons of shooting, but no one hits anything.

And as for Jadis, WTF. If I know that a helicopter was coming at a certain time, and I was going to signal them, there's no way I would leave the signal until it had shown up. Instead, she walks away from her signal, and leaves Negan with arm's reach of guns and flares? That is just stupid. 

It really ticks me off, as I've been watching this show religiously since day one, and was buying and reading the comics since they first came out. I'm kind of a big fan of the whole zombie genre. So to see one of my fav shows get this dull and dumb. Sad.

Right now, I'm enjoying season 2 of Santa Clarita Diet a lot more. It's fantastic!

And season 2 of Westworld is back this month.

And we'll have season 3 of Stranger Things next fall. 

I am really at the point that it is getting boring. I have started watching the new season of Homeland. If they keep dragging along on the Walking Dead I will stop watching it.

2 hours ago, slusher said:

I am really at the point that it is getting boring. I have started watching the new season of Homeland. If they keep dragging along on the Walking Dead I will stop watching it.

I haven't started watching this season of Homeland yet, but I've heard it's horrible. We'll see. 

42 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

I haven't started watching this season of Homeland yet, but I've heard it's horrible. We'll see. 

I like it and it's very interesting also watching the last season of the Americans I keep up by watching them on demand. I watched the new and  original Assault on Precinct 13. The original was on Showtime not long ago.

48 minutes ago, slusher said:

I watched the new and  original Assault on Precinct 13. The original was on Showtime not long ago.

I managed to score a rare (at least at that time) copy of the original on DVD a decade or so ago. I'll bet I've seen that movie a dozen times or more. Saw the 2005 remake once. Didn't think it was nearly as good as the original. Have you seen The Purge (the first one)? Did you catch that it was also a remake of AP13? 

And then there was the (almost) all-girl Jim Wynorski drive-in movie remake called The Assault. 

On April 6, 2018 at 7:21 PM, Snake45 said:

I managed to score a rare (at least at that time) copy of the original on DVD a decade or so ago. I'll bet I've seen that movie a dozen times or more. Saw the 2005 remake once. Didn't think it was nearly as good as the original. Have you seen The Purge (the first one)? Did you catch that it was also a remake of AP13? 

And then there was the (almost) all-girl Jim Wynorski drive-in movie remake called The Assault. 

I have seen The Purge listed but never watched it so it's a remake of Apt13 if I see it I will check it out.

I tapped out at the mid season this year, and I had watched it from the beginning. I stayed with it because I figured I should finish it out, but it has been so lousy for at least 2 seasons that enough is enough......Would there really be that many fancy, high tech weapons out there in a post apocalypse? Furthermore, there certainly  seems to be unending ammunition for said weapons. Add to that, the fact that most of these people are horrible shots, even though their lives depend on it.  Would Negan, or Rick for that matter make so many mistakes? In that world, threats would be eliminated. Period. There would be no chances for escape and ethics would take a back seat to survival. I know it is scifi, but it could be a little more rooted in reality. 

-Larry

Even lamer is when Rick uses a weapon, he never carries extra mags. It's one and done and he discards it. Real smart, big shot. Mebbe you can stare the Saviors into surrendering. Nah, he bored them into submission with that ponderous speech after performing a tonsillectomy on Negan.

I was hoping Eugene would finally get his mullet permanently trimmed. Perhaps it'll happen next season after Maggie's attempted coup fails. Weasel Boy will most likely align himself with her. Oh, Daryl needs to go, too. The William Tell shtick is worn out. 

3 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

Well THAT was a disappointing season finale.

Agreed........and the FTWD right after was just as disappointing. I really don't care for the cross over but the producers had to do something as viewership has fallen. 

We gave up on FearTWD after season 1. Just didn't care for the stories or the characters.

The finale was just kind of a dud. Not a ton of action, an "all out war" that was more of a skirmish.

At the very least, they could have introduced the talking zombies at the very end of the finale. Give people a real shocker to end on!