Model Cars Magazine Forum

911 GT2 - Le Mans 1995

IJ001

Yep. another completed, but to be fair it was started long before the 350Z that I posted here a couple of weeks ago. So straight to the point, this is another Tamiya kit, and it is as ever superbly engineered, and fits just about perfectly. The BIG thing for this project however was the excellent Tamiya plastic - this is the 'Taisan' boxing and it's molded entirely in glossy black !! - so I'll let y'all guess how many primer coats it took before applying the glossy white top coats. Decals are by Scale Design, no I've not heard of them either but they're the best part of twenty years old and behaved flawlessly.

lqIf4gY.jpg

U3santE.jpg

AxWmku8.jpg

NHL0fqw.jpg

0pgjz35.jpg

RKvB0xC.jpg

As ever thanks for taking the time to look and / or comment, please ask any question or hurl any criticism. Not sure what's next, will see what calls to me from the stash when I go in to the cave next week.

AFN

Ian.

Great job Ian!  I love it.  Glad to hear it is a kit that fits together nicely since I am new to the hobby and have this kit... I might have to make it my next one :)

I need to start knocking them out as quickly as you just to get a lot more experience under my belt (as we say here in the states).  I think I have discovered the key is spray lacquer paints because painting has been my biggest hurdle.  

Thanks guys, really appreciate the kind comments and never take them for granted. Have to admit being on a bit of a 911 kick just now. Alongside this GT2, there's a GT1 that you may recall from last year, plus hitting the bench later this year: A Fujimi GT3 and a new RoG 934, and to round-out the team, a Tamiya '88 Turbo road car.

Hey, would be cool if we could start a 911 gallery somewhere here at MCM. - unless there already is one (?).. what do you guys think ?

Ian.

finished b2.jpg

11 hours ago, IJ001 said:

Thanks guys, really appreciate the kind comments and never take them for granted. Have to admit being on a bit of a 911 kick just now. Alongside this GT2, there's a GT1 that you may recall from last year, plus hitting the bench later this year: A Fujimi GT3 and a new RoG 934, and to round-out the team, a Tamiya '88 Turbo road car.

Hey, would be cool if we could start a 911 gallery somewhere here at MCM. - unless there already is one (?).. what do you guys think ?

Ian.

finished b2.jpg

I almost bought this one recently but never liked the looks of it in any of the pictures I could find... however, yours looks good.  Much better than the others I googled. I may have to reconsider.