Model Cars Magazine Forum

Motor City Resin Casters order

I just wanted to review my order I received today to show potential customers what to expect. First, I got my stuff in 8 weeks which was exactly in the 7-9 week window estimated when I placed the order. Second, the packaging was excellent, small parts in clear ziplock bags with larger parts in baseball card boxes then inside a larger shipping box with plenty of newspaper for stuffing. The parts are great with minimal cleanup needed and as crisp of detail as I've ever seen on reproduction parts. The hood has the frame detail on the underside and the bumpers came chrome plated which shocked me, I expected them to be bare resin. The plating is as good as you'd see in a kit. Overall I'm very impressed and they will most likely be getting more of my money in the future.

20180605_165554.thumb.jpg.0f84a322d7f3a1e03913b439c77e4476.jpg20180605_170755.thumb.jpg.dbe02239df7e8412d7428d5d0d7f08b6.jpg20180605_170815.thumb.jpg.0036d0324701285c091c7b5113c1868f.jpg20180605_170713.thumb.jpg.ed4839bc071aa7198d017c60e458c909.jpg

Your experience mirrors mine exactly, except I didn't wait 8 weeks, just a couple (this was a few years ago). The body I bought, you'd swear it was an original '60s model molded from that lovely virgin AMT white styrene. Absolutely first rate operation in every way! 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a few pieces from Motor City and very happy with all. Although it took a while to get my last order, I am very satisfied and it was worth the wait. I just received the 60 Ford Fairlane 4 door which is flawless and the 63 Valiant Wagon I bought at NNL East. The resin is as smooth as plastic and hard to tell the difference. I guess you can say patience pays off. The Detroit guys know what they are doing....for sure!

For anyone else wondering about Motor City Resins, I recently posted in a different thread but will repeat here: 

Just a few days ago I ordered the '41 Plymouth 4-door sedan.  Jeff e-mailed me the next day to let me know he got my order. He also warned that it might take some time to cast and deliver, especially given the current national situation. 

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ironheadfan said:

Let me know how it goes Mike. I ordered the El Camino in October 2020. Still waiting....

Oh man! I placed my order in mid-July and I did notice that they said to be prepared to wait 6-12 weeks. I guess good things take time. It's okay, I have plenty of other projects in the works in the meantime.