Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bud Bryan Hiboy - finished

alan barton

Here is my finished version of Bud Bryan's iconic Rod and Custom project car.  The model really does demonstrate the versatility of the Revell 29 Hiboy kit.  With very minor modifications and enhancements, you can completely change the style of the car and still have a bunch of cool parts left over for future projects.  For the sake of those who didn't buy them first time around, I do hope Revell rises to the occasion and reissues these when they have got their business issues sorted out.

Engine and trans from the Revell 32 Tudor, wheels from the Monogram 30 Woody, rear tyres from a Japanese L&S kit ( cant remember what is was, it was a long time ago!) Rear axle and spring from Revell 30 Model A with a resin quick change.

2018-07-16 06.25.22.jpg

2018-07-16 06.25.43.jpg

2018-07-16 06.26.33.jpg

2018-07-16 06.24.44.jpg

2018-07-16 06.25.59.jpg

13 hours ago, alan barton said:

O.K., when I get home tonight I am going to dust that puppy and retake those photos - man, who would want to look after a black car?

It's amazing how many things are not visible until you take pictures and post them on line...

But that's a great looking HotRod right there.

Thanks to a fabulous gesture by ChrisB Critter we now have the correct plates!  Thank you so much Chris, it was such a nice thing for you to do.  And I agree - it was the one thing missing. Thanks also to everyone here for the positive comments - I love how the car  came out and even better that you guys are enjoying it as much as I am.

2018-07-17 20.12.24.jpg

2018-07-17 20.13.03.jpg

2018-07-17 20.12.38.jpg