Model Cars Magazine Forum

'79 Corvette L-82

AJM

2 hours ago, Jordan White said:

I like it! I'm building a 1/12 Doyusha kit the exact same way, except I'll be doing a black interior.

Jordan -- I have that kit in my stash as well, let me know what you think of it. It looks like a really detailed kit,

Thx,

Al

15 hours ago, AJM said:

Jordan -- I have that kit in my stash as well, let me know what you think of it. It looks like a really detailed kit,

Thx,

Al

It's an okay representation, while simultaneously being a detailed kit. There were some liberties taken in order to allow it to be motorized (engine proportions off, IRS molded as one lumpy piece to accommodate a working axle) and not a lot of detail on the chassis. I'm using a small block from the Revell Camaro kit, along with with IRS from the Monogram Corvette to give it some more detail. I'm also converting it to an L-82 like you did.

Very nice Vette! The big scale really helps to make it look even more realistic...

On 10.9.2018 at 2:53 AM, AJM said:

Too bad this engine in the real car was so 'smogged -up', the 5.7L engine was only putting out 225 h.p.

Still that was much better than the 165 hp from that 1975 small block... :(

Very nicely done model Al!   I noticed the red-ended wiper blades before reading your later post. Nice touch!
If that was my build, one thing I would do differently would be to skip the rear window defroster lines. They are just way too noticeable on the model.  On a 1:1 scale car those are probably about 1/64" wide and usually dark rusty brown color. So to be in-scale (and barely noticeable as on a 1:1 car), those would have to be only 0.002" wide!  That type of a detail is best to be left off on models.