Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1/25 '31 Ford Woody

Hoffman

• 2 weeks later...

This is absolutely killer! I love the detailed chassis with the integrated Buttera Jag suspension and detailed Ford small block. I also really like the added front filler pan, customized A grill and headlights. The color scheme is awesome, too! I just like it all. Beautiful model!

B)

• 2 years later...
On 9/23/2018 at 1:08 PM, Hoffman said:

Thank you, Gentlemen!! You made my day!

This was a long term project. How long? Well, I got the idea when I was a kid in 1975. The year before, Revell had re-released their '31 Ford Model A station wagon as the "Woodstock" kit. I loved that kit, but it's pretty fussy, fragile, difficult to build it and have it come out looking as nice as the model on the box. I was 10 years old at the time. I started it but never finished it. In '75 Revell released an all-new kit of Lil' John Buttera's ground breaking '26 T street rod. That's an awesome car and a pretty good model to this day. My idea as a kid was simply to combine the best elements of the T street rod with the stock A Woody. Simple, right? 

Fast forward to 2015, me in my 50's now, and I'm finally feeling up to the challenge of this "simple" exercise. 

Revell H1275-200 Woody.JPG

Woodstock and Buttera.jpg

12_74_Hot_Rod.jpg

1975 Revell.jpg

Lil.jpg

Tim....that is one impressive piece of work, and I love the back story about how it came together.  The brass body substructure is one (perhaps the only!) way to get that multi-piece Revell body to behave, and the working piano hinges, in scale no less, are quite an achievement.  But amongst it all, I find you adaptation of the chassis/framework to be most interesting of all.  Overall....an inspirational achievement.  Mega-congrats....TIM