Model Cars Magazine Forum

My own Blues mobile

NYLIBUD

3 hours ago, peter31a said:

I think the Crown Vics are popular for converting vintage Ford trucks to modern engine and chassis. They will probably become scarce fast.

Like when the hot rodders figured out Vega Wagons had the perfect roof filler for 30's era cars. A buddy of mine bought up dead Vega wagons, cut the roofs off and sold the rest for scrap. The hot rodders were paying about three times what he paid for the cars just for a ready roof!! 

Well I really think that the newer Crown Vic's with the complete police package,might some day be a sort of collectible in years to come..Of course they would have to be immaculate and low mileage..But what's great is everything on the car is built very strong,and tight.Like I said,the owner stated it handles like a sports car.But I'm not talking big big bucks for these cars.Yes the  Maurader is worth more,but that's because they didn't build a lot.The Vic and the Marauder,are two of my favorite cars.I guess I just like big cars..And as I said,it's amazing the cottage industry of easy bolt ons.If Someone got the car tuned right,it would probably get it into the 10s.I Just hope the deal goes through.:D 

Edited by NYLIBUD

Ok I bought the car,Hooray for me.The owner took me for a ride.This car is so fast and handles like a sports car.Dual exhaust.Complete full police package.It was a detectives car.No rust on the body and you can eat off the engine and chassis.Body and paint are awesome.The owner is a mechanic.New tires,new brakes.And the cars lights and siren were never removed from the car.They are disconnected of course,but everything is there.With a complete wire harness in the trunk.And a trunk that is enormous.I don't know,I guess it's my sort of hot rod.I Couldn't afford,nor find a Marauder.I figure a clean well taken care of Vic would be the next choice.All black.And the interior is also clean.

Edited by NYLIBUD

12 minutes ago, NYLIBUD said:

Ok I bought the car,Hooray for me.The owner took me for a ride.This car is so fast and handles like a sports car.Dual exhaust.Complete full police package.It was a detectives car.No rust on the body and you can eat off the engine and chassis.Body and paint are awesome.The owner is a mechanic.New tires,new brakes.And the cars lights and siren were never removed from the car.They are disconnected of course,but everything is there.With a complete wire harness in the trunk.And a trunk that is enormous.I don't know,I guess it's my hot rod.I Couldn't afford,nor find a Marauder.I figure a clean well taken care of Vic would be the next choice.All black.And the interior is also clean.

Congrats !  :D   That's a car I'd really love to own, but I'll probably never get around to another Vic. Take good care of her. She probably knows the way to all the good 24-hour eating places.  B)

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

I just always thought these cars were really good looking and stealthy,in all black.And like I said,you can't out run one of these Crown Vic's.No way,don't even try.I know PO depts are using the ugly POS Ford Taurus,at least in my area they are.But I still see some Crown Vic's patrolling.I don't know,to me The Crown Vics,and of cause the Marauders,are like four door muscle cars.Varooom

IMG_4794.JPG

IMG_4795.JPG

Edited by NYLIBUD

5 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Congrats !  :D   That's a car I'd really love to own, but I'll probably never get around to another Vic. Take good care of her. She probably knows the way to all the good 24-hour eating places.  B)

Yea,It's gonna stop right in front of a Dunkin Donuts,and I'll get slammed in the back..Lol.And just FYI I didn't buy it to play cop and pull people over.I just aways liked the Crown Vic's like I said.:DAnd I finally found one for cheap.

Once again,I can't Believe how many different bolt on mods you can add to these Crown Vic's.I've been searching on line and u tube,and can't believe what some of these guys do,to boost their performance in an already fast car.Should be fun come this spring:D:lol:

So I decided that if it's available,in my state,I'm gonna get "NO-COP"for my plate on my Crown Vic..I just like the car,that's all,not playing fake cop..But I mean who doesn't like cop cars,come on.I'm trying to put it on the road Friday.I'm just putting off going to the dreadful DMV office.In fact I might pay a friend who is broke,to go register my car.Thats how much I despise going to the DMV...The Last time I bought a car,was about five years ago,and that car is now 18 years old..Actually I Never owned a new car,I wonder how many other people out there never bought a new car.Hey should this topic be a separate thread.:lol:.It Wasn't the money,I just never liked most new cars I guess.

Edited by NYLIBUD

Well I decided to throw a set of Flowmasters on the car,and change the lower pulleys.Luckily I have a friend whose a Mustang nut,so he's been giving me a hand..Then see what else we can come up with.Heres Some nice PO cars.The blue and white Ford is the sheriffs car from the original First Blood/Rambo movie.The one that Brian Dennehy was chasing Rambo on the motorcycle.I guess someone restored it.

IMG_5226.JPG

IMG_5227.JPG

IMG_5228.JPG

IMG_5229.JPG

IMG_5098.JPG

IMG_5099.JPG

IMG_5104.JPG

IMG_5105.JPG

Edited by NYLIBUD

• 3 weeks later...

So I threw on the Flowmasters.The car sounds great.Nice rumble,not too loud.The KnN and throttle body spacer,are all done.Now I'll try and get the lower pulleys done,and maybe an extra tranny cooler.

Edited by NYLIBUD

9 hours ago, JollySipper said:

I'm not sure I would put underdrive pulleys on it, man...... Don't they make the water pump turn slower? I had them on a 5.0 mustang, and it wanted to overheat if I was sitting in a drive-thru or something.....

Yea that's something to think about.

Thanks for the advice.