Model Cars Magazine Forum

List your reasons why model building beats relationships (funny)

olsbooks

27 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

A model will never demand that you spend a long weekend taking it to visit the factory that built it. It also won't invite the factory managers to spend their two weeks summer vacation at YOUR house. 

...or spend endless hours telling you why it should have been bought and built by some other guy, or fill every cubic inch of available space with cosmetics, clothes it hasn't worn in years, and countless shoes.

Nor will it compare your modeling technique with the 347 previous modelers who left a hopeless gluebomb mess.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

11 minutes ago, olsbooks said:

spraying them in the face with oven cleaner or soaking them for 2 days in brake fluid carries minimal legal ramifications.

Nor crushing them out of frustration.

They also have no concern how you actually feel about them or their feelings, and your not obligated to explain your actions or feelings to them.

You can have other hobbies or spend time doing other things you enjoy without complaint.

If you make a poor choice of models it doesn't come back to bite you in the behind later, you can always dispose of them with no consequences.

Edited by Phirewriter

What was the name of the group Al Bundy had for men on Married With Children?  Seems like this is a modern rendition now that I think about it...or right out of the classic Red Green show. 

I nominate Ace Garageguy for President!

Back to the issue at hand.  Rust and weathering is dished out....not the other way around. 

One more....an M80 going off underneath it always has the desired effect.

6 minutes ago, olsbooks said:

One more....an M80 going off underneath it always has the desired effect.

HA! If you're so inclined you can always take them out to a field and shoot at them.

Please note I'm certainly no misogynist but my ex is so bat carp crazy our daughter hasn't spoken to her in 10 years. Don't ask me why we got married, just young and dumb.

Edited by Phirewriter

1 hour ago, olsbooks said:

What was the name of the group Al Bundy had for men on Married With Children?  Seems like this is a modern rendition now that I think about it..

All is explained here, a real blast from the past: B)

http://www.bundyology.com/nomaam.html

Edited by Snake45

they don't tell me when I've had enough to drink                                                                                                                                                                 or that I should go to bed because it's getting late and I have to work tomorrow

Even though they have no brains whatsoever, they invariably actually make me think...which is certainly a lot more than I can say for the majority of the empty-headed females it's been my enduring pleasure to know (well, other than thinking what the hell am I doing here involved with this stupid, insecure, shallow, vain, incessantly-yakking-about-nothing creature?).

8 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Even though they have no brains whatsoever, they invariably actually make me think...which is certainly a lot more than I can say for the majority of the empty-headed females it's been my enduring pleasure to know (well, other than thinking what the hell am I doing here involved with this stupid, insecure, shallow, vain, incessantly-yakking-about-nothing creature?).

Nice to know I'm not the only one that has reached similar conclusions though you have worded it far better than I.  Since there is a lack of justice in most instances, independent validation suffices.   The entries posted provide that.  Good comedy is based on truth and there is has been plenty of good comedy posted here in the past days.

Commence chest pounding and getting serious for a moment:

I for one have learned more tangible and intangible things when working with glue and styrene than any relationship ever correctly taught me and am becoming a better person as a result of it.  Relationships make terrible mirrors and windows to the world in my opinion.  Too many variables come into play which filter and distort...even if not the intent. 

I discovered a sense of peace with self and the world that otherwise never would have been discovered once I looked in the mirror and out the window myself instead of adding some "loved one's" feedback or interpretation of what they see into the equation that was at least just as bad as my own.

A box of styrene and glue has yet to lead me astray or pollute my perception of reality any more than I already do.  It's hard enough to sift through my own BS.  Oh, there is still a mountain of it to move out of the way of my own creation, but at least it isn't getting any bigger. 

Words and emotions mean nothing so that eliminates my own BS pretty darn quick.  It's all about the deeds. A model kit can't do anything but give an honest reflection of its "partner".

Just my opinion...

Edited by olsbooks

What a topic!!

With a model at least you know how it will turn out. If it's screwed up, you know what's screwed up and how it got screwed up.

You know what it will look like in 20 years.

A model doesn't complain where I scratch myself.

But having said that, I don't think I would trade my 45 year human relationship, even though the model relationship has 10 years seniority.