[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Casey

1/25 AMT '34 Ford Pickup

Recommended Posts

Should be out within the next two months or so. Excellent choice for the box art. :wub:

AMT34FordPickup.jpg.3f339ee96fd1a510080dd101c30f620d.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh man, I'll need another one of these.

Hopefully it's molded in white this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 68shortfleet said:

Oh man, I'll need another one of these.

Hopefully it's molded in white this time.

without excess flash also

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, thatz4u said:

without excess flash also

That would be a nice bonus.

But I would rather deal with flash, then have to overcome red plastic, or than terrible tan plastic that seems like it just keep soaking up primer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 68shortfleet said:

That would be a nice bonus.

But I would rather deal with flash, then have to overcome red plastic, or than terrible tan plastic that seems like it just keep soaking up primer. 

agreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, that box art excites me about the same as it did over 50 years ago when I bought my first one.  This nostalgic box art thing is great marketing... will have to pick one up!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Despite having 4 of the Lindberg Kits in the stash (3 Yellow, 1 tan)  I'll need this one. Can't wait to see the decals for this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Casey....have been wondering when this one would break cover...….TIM 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So nice to see this truck come back. I built one in 1974,and sadly made a rat rod out of it in the 2000's.

I will buy a couple & redo it like the 1974 box art.

AMT-T-145-2-1974.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The LHS still had some on the shelves a few months back, so I picked on up.  I probably saved $20 this way, and I have a use in mind for the billet wheels that came with the kit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2018 at 2:37 PM, Casey said:

Should be out within the next two months or so. Excellent choice for the box art. :wub:

AMT34FordPickup.jpg.3f339ee96fd1a510080dd101c30f620d.jpg

Interesting, not quite a 100% pure reissue of the original.  Looks like chrome reverse rims will be provided instead of original wheel covers.  Guessing it will probably be the same rims provided in the 1936 Ford 3-window reissue from a few years ago?

I'm sure a few people will be disappointed, but honestly I suspect the vast majority of purchasers will prefer these.

Aside from the original wheel covers, were there any other optional parts that were lost to time and not included in the Lindberg reissues?

195000-13360-91-pristine.jpg

Edited by Robberbaron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Robberbaron said:

Interesting, not quite a 100% pure reissue of the original.  Looks like chrome reverse rims will be provided instead of original wheel covers.  Guessing it will probably be the same rims provided in the 1936 Ford 3-window reissue from a few years ago?

I'm sure a few people will be disappointed, but honestly I suspect the vast majority of purchasers will prefer these.

Maybe they'll be the same tires included in the '53 Ford pickup reissue from 2015? Not sure if Round2 will include a set of four wide whites and another six blackwall tires, though:

53fordpickup008-vi.jpg

 

I would be surprised if one single person laments the loss of those full wheel covers. :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Casey said:

 

I would be surprised if one single person laments the loss of those full wheel covers. :D

 

Oh, I'm sure somebody will.  I certainly won't be one of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Consider yourself surprised, Casey! Why have all of the vintage decals & stuff if you can't replicate the OI box art?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course the good thing about this release is that they'll be using the polished molds that give the plastic its shine.  That would be great for novice builders who still don't paint their kit bodies.

 

A.J.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2018 at 6:52 PM, Robberbaron said:

Interesting, not quite a 100% pure reissue of the original.  Looks like chrome reverse rims will be provided instead of original wheel covers.  Guessing it will probably be the same rims provided in the 1936 Ford 3-window reissue from a few years ago?

Hmmm, maybe, but not sure they are a close match for what's shown on the new box art...maybe it doesn't need to match that closely, though. Here's a pic of the AMT '36 Ford 'chrome reverse' wheels from Tim Boyd's review of that kit:

DSC_0045-vi.jpg

 

The modern era AMT Ala Kart kit didn't include a stand-alone set of chrome plated steel wheels, so I don't think those'll be included, despite having what appear to be bullet-style center caps which match the '34 Ford Pickup's box art wheels:

s-l1600.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Casey said:

Hmmm, maybe, but not sure they are a close match for what's shown on the new box art...maybe it doesn't need to match that closely, though. Here's a pic of the AMT '36 Ford 'chrome reverse' wheels from Tim Boyd's review of that kit:

DSC_0045-vi.jpg

 

The modern era AMT Ala Kart kit didn't include a stand-alone set of chrome plated steel wheels, so I don't think those'll be included, despite having what appear to be bullet-style center caps which match the '34 Ford Pickup's box art wheels:

s-l1600.jpg

I'll admit I didn't notice the bullet center caps on the new box art.  Since Round 2 had to change the box art, I'd be (a bit) surprised if they didn't show what's actually going to be in the box.  So my reckless speculation was probably way off base 😉

The other obvious factor I didn't think about till now is that with the side-mount spare, they can't just throw a set of four wheels in from a different kit.  So pretty much no way they're throwing the wheels from the '36 into this kit.

Edited by Robberbaron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been waiting for awhile for this one to come back as an AMT kit. Lindberg's box art was enough to keep me away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now