Model Cars Magazine Forum

1926 Mack AC Dump Truck

Got some more work done on the Mack last night.  The cab, fenders, radiator, & hood are all mounted to the frame.  The interior is complete.  The toolbox sitting on the step is just placed there.  I want to use it, but I'm not sure if I want to paint it body color, or something a little different to break up all the green.  Maybe black or brown.  Not sure.  Windshield is just "posed" for the photo, as there is a huge gouge in the glass that Monogram provided.  I need to find some flat clear plastic that I can cut to replace the Monogram piece.

20190324_110013.jpg

20190324_110036.jpg

Edited by Jim B

Some of the green will go if you paint the wheel hubs like the box art.  Steering column was black.

Interesting from the Montville book is a comment on Mack being the first to have a sleeper cab and first to have cargo containers.back in the 1920's. Ac Macks used by tire companies had pneumatic tires on theirs to promote their use in the early twenties.

Thanks to the input, Charlie.  I did for get to scuff up the tires, but it shouldn't be too difficult.  I'm warming up to a black toolbox.

What would be the easiest way to cover this thing in coal dust?

Edited by Jim B

I have a bunch of actual coal dust I picked up at a truck stop in Ohio for my n scale trains. 

No longer in n scale and really don't have much of a use for 50/LBS of it. 

Let me know can't send any till I get disability check next month. 

56 minutes ago, NothingAsFineAsaW9 said:

I have a bunch of actual coal dust I picked up at a truck stop in Ohio for my n scale trains. 

No longer in n scale and really don't have much of a use for 50/LBS of it. 

Let me know can't send any till I get disability check next month. 

That's a awful lot of coal dust!