Model Cars Magazine Forum

On my work bench! 'Le MANS 2050 Anti-gravity racing'

Still adding details to this build, before calling this finished. But thought I'd showed it, seeing that it was close to finish. Yep! Another anti-gravity vehicle. I can't seem to get enough. I tend to want to turn everything in to a floating subject. :)

For this conversion, I used the Revell Ford GT vehicle and did some major surgery to it. The original engine was very basic block engine. But the overall design made this a sweet candidate for a super bad and awesome looking anti-gravity vehicle. Lots of small misc. from my 'box of tricks', was used to give the engine a more brutal look. 

Since I did the F1 hover race car(found on this forum as well), I just went ahead and did one for the Le MANS racing fans. The anti-gravity pods simple scratch builds using odds materials from household materials and parts from other kits. So far, I think the look says it all. Hope to finish this up in a week or two. waiting for a figure to go along with this bad***! See you when it is done. Enjoy the photos.

re_redux_le_mans2a-vi.jpg

re_redux_le_mans2a-vi.jpg

re_redux_le_mans-vi.jpg

re_redux_le_mans2-vi.jpg

re_redux_le_mans3-vi.jpg

re_redux_le_mans4-vi.jpg

re_redux_le_mans5-vi.jpg

re_redux_le_mans5a-vi.jpg

re_redux_le_mans6-vi.jpg

re_redux_le_mans7-vi.jpg

re_redux_le_mans8-vi.jpg

re_redux_le_mans9-vi.jpg

re_redux_le_mans10-vi.jpg

re_redux_le_mans10a-vi.jpg

re_redux_le_mans11-vi.jpg

re_redux_le_mans12-vi.jpg

re_redux_le_mans13-vi.jpg

re_redux_le_mans14-vi.jpg

re_redux_le_mans15-vi.jpg

re_redux_le_mans16-vi.jpg

2v2EZCfrWxAWPEi.jpg

2v2EZCfNgxAWPEi.jpg

2v2EZCf55xAWPEi.jpg

2v2EZCfyyxAWPEi.jpg

Edited by tiking

9 hours ago, Gramps46 said:

Your creativity amazes me.  Dream on.

Thanks Gary.

9 hours ago, Belugawrx said:

Cool engine work Charles..looking good

Thanks Bruce.

6 hours ago, TomZ said:

I am generally not a big fan of this sort of thing, but I really, really like this!

How much does the downforce from the wing improve cornering? 

Thank you. Not too sure of the downforce but not too sure if it would matter in this design. Although, it looks bad***! ;)

...so..there's still dust in the future huh,....?

Looking at this further, cuz its beautiful...

the front attitude jets are perfect, ...the mains need some more bulk, maybe  the outside edges of the splitter needs to go,...idkno ,..like to see a couple steerable BFjets coming out the back of thatB)

7 hours ago, Belugawrx said:

...so..there's still dust in the future huh,....?

Looking at this further, cuz its beautiful...

the front attitude jets are perfect, ...the mains need some more bulk, maybe  the outside edges of the splitter needs to go,...idkno ,..like to see a couple steerable BFjets coming out the back of thatB)

hi Bruce. Dust? Yeah! After all, where is the environment going? :) Unless we destroy it altogether. As for the parts/areas you mentioned, maybe. But I do  not want to mess with the front any more. If I was to change it it should have been done in before painting and adding the decals. So that's out. But appreciate the input.

2 hours ago, Lunajammer said:

I love things like this. Wonderful detail too. Guess it's time for me to go to my box of glue bombs and see if I'm any good at this kind of thing.

Haha! Glue bombs! Love it. Thanks for your comment. 

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I did some changes to the original car that I made sometime ago. I wanted a little more aggressive look and thus came up with this design. I used quite a few everyday items and parts from my 'Misc. box of tricks'.

Original kit:

revell_ford-vi.jpg

Efter ombyggnationen:

go_cart8-vi.jpg

go_cart-vi.jpg

go_cart2-vi.jpg

go_cart3-vi.jpg

go_cart4-vi.jpg

go_cart5-vi.jpg

go_cart6-vi.jpg

go_cart7-vi.jpg

go_cart9-vi.jpg