Model Cars Magazine Forum

Autoquiz 412 - Finished

First of all I have to said that my hint wasn't that precise that I thought. I said a re engined car from the biggest car manufacturer. the Biggest car manufacturer is Volkswagen, but thats not 100% correct I meant not Volkswagen  I mean Volkswagen group. I'm sorry for this. Part of the Volkswagen group is Audi and Audi has bought NSU in 1968. And car is a Thurner RS (German side) is based on a shortened  NSU 1200 C platform. It was build from 1968 - 1974. 

Now the hint is complete.

Autoquiz 412.jpg

Edited by carsntrucks4you

Boy this is a toughy! In this era there were hundreds of similar designs that all followed this pattern.  I've exhausted all of my best guesses!  I know what it isn't.  Just don't know what it is!:lol:

Edited by Pete J.

26 minutes ago, Matt Bacon said:

It was the gullwings that opened the door for me... I found a list on Wikipedia, thinking it was the East German gullwing sports coupe, found it wasn’t, and then looked at the other German cars on the list I didn’t know, and there it was...

best,

M.

I think I must have searched every variation of gullwing without success, I was totally sick of the sight of the 300SL and the East German Melkus. Finally found it after Michael’s clue pointed me at NSU, seems so obvious now, why didn’t I think of that sooner?

3 hours ago, dw1603 said:

I think I must have searched every variation of gullwing without success, I was totally sick of the sight of the 300SL and the East German Melkus. Finally found it after Michael’s clue pointed me at NSU, seems so obvious now, why didn’t I think of that sooner?

Haha..., so true!