Model Cars Magazine Forum

Actor Jan Michael Vincent died of cardiac arrest

NYLIBUD

Oops sorry,I hit post before I finished writing about his death.I think he died in the beginning of February.Its just the first time I heard about it...He was 74.He was hospitalized,and during his hospitalization,he died of heart problems.He also had a leg amputated a few years back due to an infection.He was in alot of movies,and tv shows.Including Hooper with Burt Reynolds.I remembering hearing that he wasn't the easiest actor to work with,and was known for his short temper...RIP 

IMG_7417.JPG

IMG_7418.JPG

Edited by NYLIBUD

7 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Was in Airwolf in the 80s and various movies in the 70s.  Passed away last month apparently. 

He was in the original Machanic with Charles Bronson, and Hooper with Burt Reynolds. I always watched Airwolf and own the seasons with Jan in them. I did like him as an actor in the 80's.

He was what they call a natural as changing role types seemed to come to him easy. That makes them hard to work with and they tend to burn out over time.

It led to drug and alcohol problems for him ad we can see the end results.

It is sad that such a good actor has to end this way.

First time I ever noticed him in anything was in the movie "Tribes" and then "White Line Fever" and "Hooper"!

Then picked up on his other roles in TV series and bit parts in other movies.

Sad news to read. I was (and still is) a great fan of Airwolf. I still want to be a helicopterpilot when I grow up (some may claim that I have grown up). I have not seen him in that many other productions that I can remember at the moment but for me he will always be Stringfellow Hawke in the same way that Ernest Borgnine will always be Dominic Santini (and Lyle Wallace). As you others say, it is sad that the industry itself makes a hard life and so many good people burn out to quikly.

Rest in peace.