Model Cars Magazine Forum

mpc minute man.. mustang or camaro

14 hours ago, Scott8950 said:

i completely agree with you.

Screenshot_2019-04-04-23-33-42-1.png

Auxier's previous car, the all royal blue Bowani II '65-'66 Mustang, was MUCH prettier. I saw it in person and it was just gorgeous.:wub:  Ran like a scalded ape, too. 

I hav never found a real Minuteman Mustang drag car like the 71 Mustang pictured on the box art.  Id love to see someone do the decals for the Auxier prostock.  It has the standard grill also so it was not a Mach1.  I scored a set of MM reproduction decals but of course I'll be doing a fictitious car which is okay unless anyone can come up with any photos to prove otherwise.

• 3 years later...

MPC often used photographs on the boxes of its drag car kits.  When they used artwork, it was either because there was no 1:1 car, or the kit was so far off from the 1:1 that they couldn't retouch the photo to match the kit.  Windshield wipers added to Pro Stock cars, moving hood scoops forward on the hood, changing wheels, adding shaker hoods to funny car bodies, things like that.