Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1962 Corvette Roadster.

Dragonhawk1066

Got the base color for the interior done in Apple Barrel Craft Acrylic Khaki, and the carpet in a mixture of the Khaki with some Brown added. Just have to go over the seats, dash and door panels with some Satin Clear to add a little shine, but not too much. Not the actual ride height, but hopefully pretty close.

DSCN3046.JPG

DSCN3047.JPG

DSCN3048.JPG

DSCN3044.JPG

DSCN3045.JPG

31 minutes ago, Gramps46 said:

Looking real good.  I like the color as the Brits call this Linden Green and used it on GT40a and others.  Is this green paint a metallic? 

Thanks! The color is Tamiya TS-60 Pearl Green sprayed from the can, with a couple coats of their clear.

18 hours ago, kelson said:

Interesting colors,looks pretty good though.:)

5 hours ago, espo said:

I wouldn't have thought of that color for a Corvette, but seeing it I think it will look great especially with your interior color. 

4 hours ago, NOBLNG said:

Very nice. I recently built one of these too. I think that color will look great once all the rest of the chrome is on it.

Thanks guys. I really like the color and picked it because i think it doesn't look too wild and would look good with either the stock or custom wheels.

5 hours ago, Tommy124 said:

The color combo looks promising... And that is one nice kit, have fun with it.

I built mine with the custom wheels aswell, but left the body at "natural" ride height. :rolleyes:

Thanks, yours is definitely a nice build. I certainly can't wait to start building it, just the engine/trans and a few more smaller parts to paint and it will start to go together. Ride height will probably end up just like yours.