Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aoshima Range Rover

GeeBee

From Hobby Search Model Car's website:

-Breaking silence for over 20 years, Aoshima's Range Rover is finally back!
-Copyright negotiations for long commercialization finally came true!
-We have made a new mold for clear parts and renewed the contents to start preparation.

-New decal
-Complete set of new clear parts
-Plated bumper
-Chassis frame reproduction
-Interior genuine leather specifications
-Original aluminum wheel
-Use MUDDUELER tires

Good news, but not sure I'll go for this one.  I might, if Aoshima had thrown in the roof rack, bull bar and other accessories these Range Rover kits have included over the years.  This kit was also released in a Revell of Germany box (kit #7373).

As others have mentioned, all versions of the Aoshima Range Rover have been Unobtainium for years due to the licensing hassles, and fetch high prices.

I have 2 that I got at kit swap meets over the years.   Both have American SATCO resin left-hand-drive dashboards in the box, so they date back to the 1990s. If you're looking for one of these, here are the kit numbers.  If they have the LHD dashboard, they will have a little sticker on the box saying so, and an American SATCO instruction sheet inside:

AOSHIMA kit #01392/RV-10: black Range Rover on box

AOSHIMA kit #019887/17: white Range Rover on box

Both kits are multi-color, as the re-issue will probably be:  white bodies, gray interior parts, black chassis parts.  

Remains to see what comes in the box. Their reissues of a lot of these reintroduced kits come with most if not all of the parts the kit ever came with throughout it's lifespan.

Example in November their reissuing their GRS182 series Toyota Crown kit and you'll be able to build a '03 Crown Royal, '03 Crown Athlete, '05 Crown Royal, or '05 Crown Athlete depending on what parts and wheels you chose. Some kits like the Honda Odyssey Absolute come with TWO bodies (to build a pre-'06 and post-'06 vehicle.

Adding to the above post via James, same with the last reissue of the Nissan Terrano kit,  Aoshima included a bunch of parts from the various versions, two different sets of front/rear bumpers, two different grills, two sets of wheels, a few different sets of off road bits and so on, and both LHD/RHD options.

Edited by martinfan5

7 hours ago, Mike999 said:

Good news, but not sure I'll go for this one.  I might, if Aoshima had thrown in the roof rack, bull bar and other accessories these Range Rover kits have included over the years.  This kit was also released in a Revell of Germany box (kit #7373).

As others have mentioned, all versions of the Aoshima Range Rover have been Unobtainium for years due to the licensing hassles, and fetch high prices.

I have 2 that I got at kit swap meets over the years.   Both have American SATCO resin left-hand-drive dashboards in the box, so they date back to the 1990s. If you're looking for one of these, here are the kit numbers.  If they have the LHD dashboard, they will have a little sticker on the box saying so, and an American SATCO instruction sheet inside:

AOSHIMA kit #01392/RV-10: black Range Rover on box

AOSHIMA kit #019887/17: white Range Rover on box

Both kits are multi-color, as the re-issue will probably be:  white bodies, gray interior parts, black chassis parts.  

Then there is
RV-34(Urban) Green Range Rover on the bix, with the off road bits

ETV-16( Exciting Tuning Vehicle ), Purple Range Rover on the box, has the same bits as above.

RV-72 ( Package SRV ), Purple Range Rover on the box, with the same off bits as above but different wheels

Edited by martinfan5

14 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

Then there is
RV-34(Urban) Green Range Rover on the bix, with the off road bits

ETV-16( Exciting Tuning Vehicle ), Purple Range Rover on the box, has the same bits as above.

RV-72 ( Package SRV ), Purple Range Rover on the box, with the same off bits as above but different wheels

.I thought my RV-10(Urban) one was dark green on the box, but I realize now it is black.   Molded in white, one version only.  I wouldn't mind having a version with the off-road parts.  Have to wait and see what is in the reissue.

Edited by Rob Hall

15 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

Adding to the above post via James, same with the last reissue of the Nissan Terrano kit,  Aoshima included a bunch of parts from the various versions, two different sets of front/rear bumpers, two different grills, two sets of wheels, a few different sets of off road bits and so on, and both LHD/RHD options.

We could go crazi(er) figuring out all the different versions of these kits.  I have the AOSHIMA Nissan Terrano in the box shown below.  This is kit number #044155, "The Best Car GT #98."  It doesn't have the extras you mentioned, like grilles, bumpers, wheels or off-road stuff.  It does have LHD/RHD dashboards, with both on the same gray sprue. But they aren't mentioned on the instruction sheet!  The instructions only show the RHD build.  

The ITALERI (ex-ESCI) Range Rover Police has LHD/RHD dashboards, and also the right front suspension parts for either version.

terrano.jpg

Edited by Mike999
goof

4 hours ago, Mike999 said:

We could go crazi(er) figuring out all the different versions of these kits.  I have the AOSHIMA Nissan Terrano in the box shown below.  This is kit number #044155, "The Best Car GT #98."  It doesn't have the extras you mentioned, like grilles, bumpers, wheels or off-road stuff.  It does have LHD/RHD dashboards, with both on the same gray sprue. But they aren't mentioned on the instruction sheet!  The instructions only show the RHD build.  

The ITALERI (ex-ESCI) Range Rover Police has LHD/RHD dashboards, and also the right front suspension parts for either version.

That one was reissued in 2008, the one that was just reissued will all the goodies is kit #057087

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10575706

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Last year I bought this one at a Dutch modeling fair for €25,-.

comp_SAM_4750.jpg.791ab018a5bd9169baf1c197ae430efc.jpg

I never buy these old kits on E-Bay because there are too many "unjustified" gold seekers out there.

Last year and this year I was able to get a number of old kits from the 80s for reasonable prices, including a number of Esci and Revell and Tamiya Mercedessen.

The most expensive one was from Mike's Dutch Sale, a Mercedes 560 SEC Lorinser from Tamiya, I picked it up at $ 35 because I was afraid it would go out soon.

It proves once again that patience is definitely rewarded. ?

Here a view below €25,-....

comp_SAM_4751.jpg.c0dea3392f154775b9e139eed61d7840.jpg

Hermann.

Edited by Hermann Kersten

• 1 month later...

This kit has been reissued as of this morning.  Considering the RevellAG Land Rover Series III is freshly minted, along with the 70/80s Land Rover 2 Dr & 60/70s Land Rover 2 Dr ESCI/Italeri reissues being out there - now is the time to bask in English off-roading.  The Italeri reissue of the ESCI MB G320 is also pending any week now.

10635961p.jpg.aea3de073a984868008541e7ed07f682.jpg