Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model Builders' Warehouse

6 hours ago, vamach1 said:

Got my order today.  That was quick.  Thanks Randy.  Here is one of the three engines I ordered.  Looks like I have some work to do.

IMG_6779.JPG

IMG_6780.JPG

I also ordered and received one of these.  Found it curious that there are 8 Weber carbs, but glad there are since one of the stacks has a broken out section.  They are very thin and realistically scaled.

Hi Ray,

Michael explained to me that he was not happy with the way some of the  carbs printed on those GT40 Mk1 sets so he included an extra set of 4.

As for colors for the Mk 2 427  I was looking at the RK Motors site. They did an extensive restoration on #2, the '66 LeMans winner and have a nice photo album.

IMG_1978.jpg

IMG_2076.jpg

IMG_2115.jpg

IMG_2135.jpg

1 hour ago, Randy D said:

Hi Craig,

The re-order went in the day I received them:)

Michael is adding his  911 flat six Porshe motor to this order.

We hope to avoid our shipping woes this time as we are not in the holiday crush!

Randy

What scale is the 911 engine Randy?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, new engines are currently on their way to Model Builder's Warehouse - they should be somewhere above the atlantic right now.

In addition to the sold out ones Randy already had on offer there's going to be the Boss 494 engine

plus another version of the sbf 289, this time with a Holley.

DSC_0432.jpg

DSC_0431.jpg

15 minutes ago, Bill J said:

Awesome engines and awesome work my Mike. i have the MKI and MKII engines and it looks like I need to be ready to order some others. I love them all and they make fine stand alone models. 

Yes - they are very cool.  Still working on putting mine together and then figuring out which kit to put them in.  I's thinking the Thunder Valley MKI, a modified Fujumi MKII and either a 289 Cobra or 65 Shelby R model.

IMG_7077.JPG

IMG_7078.JPG

IMG_7079.JPG

IMG_7080.JPG

Rex, thanks for the pics! Finally I get to see some of those painted.

Bill, thanks for the kind words! Do you have build any of the engines yet? I'd love to see pics!

If anyone of you guys who bought some of those engines has any issues with it, please tell me so that I can make it better next time.

9 hours ago, mad mike said:

Rex, thanks for the pics! Finally I get to see some of those painted.

Bill, thanks for the kind words! Do you have build any of the engines yet? I'd love to see pics!

If anyone of you guys who bought some of those engines has any issues with it, please tell me so that I can make it better next time.

The only issue I had was with MKII engine exhaust pipe brackets which are really thin and fragile.  I ended up making a thicker bracket as it broke off and at that point it would have been too weak to support the pipes.  While my fix my not be exact to scale - it was a oompromise that almost no one would notice (except whoever reads this).  I am going to use that engine in a Fujumi MK II kit that I am kit bashing with an MPC Mark IV to complete the engine compartment along with some HRM parts.  The small block engine is going in a Thunder Valley MKI body on a Fujumi chassis with HRM extras.  Instead of a Gulf version I will do another livery.