Model Cars Magazine Forum

Warmer weather project

I built this one several years ago and for the most part it builds very nice. The plow is a bit tricky just because of all the little parts, but not too bad and the details are a bit lacking, but you can add your own. Overall I loved this build and had a lot of fun doing it. I would show you pictures, but it and several other of my models were stolen and it is gone. It was an original kit, but the good news is that they are redoing it and I can build it again. 

2 hours ago, Oldmopars said:

I built this one several years ago and for the most part it builds very nice. The plow is a bit tricky just because of all the little parts, but not too bad and the details are a bit lacking, but you can add your own. Overall I loved this build and had a lot of fun doing it. I would show you pictures, but it and several other of my models were stolen and it is gone. It was an original kit, but the good news is that they are redoing it and I can build it again. 

Thanks for the reply. My concern is assembling things such as the bed. 

Jerry:  Do you do your building on a flat surface?  If not may I suggest a trip to the hardware store and get a piece of glass about 12" square.  Place it on a cutting board or some other surface that is equally flat so that it rests evenly.  Use the glass surface as a building surface  and a small square to help with making 90 degree joints.  Hope this helps.

7 hours ago, Chariots of Fire said:

Jerry:  Do you do your building on a flat surface?  If not may I suggest a trip to the hardware store and get a piece of glass about 12" square.  Place it on a cutting board or some other surface that is equally flat so that it rests evenly.  Use the glass surface as a building surface  and a small square to help with making 90 degree joints.  Hope this helps.

I will try that. Thanks for the tip.

On 2/11/2020 at 9:27 AM, JerseeJerry55 said:

I’m a pins and holes builder. So flat surface to equally flat surface is not my strong suit. 

AMT kits are a little harder than others. Sometimes the instructions are vague, and don't show exactly where a part is supposed to go. Sometimes it requires a little test fitting with trial and error, before you actually build. There's a little more satisfaction that comes with it though. Good luck!

1 hour ago, delta99 said:

AMT kits are a little harder than others. Sometimes the instructions are vague, and don't show exactly where a part is supposed to go. Sometimes it requires a little test fitting with trial and error, before you actually build. There's a little more satisfaction that comes with it though. Good luck!

Thanks I will keep that in mind as I build.

Jerry,

I like that kitas a dump truck. Though I have never built a snow plow . Only saw snow in Miami once .

And it for sure doesn't snow .Where I am in the Philippines !

Liking what you've done thus far. Keep up the good work !

Be Well

Gator

Looking good!

My only complaint with this kit is that the cab fits loosely on the interior bucket and there is a lot of gaps around the firewall unless you fill them. I used Evergreen styrene to fill the gaps on mine. I also used doll house hinges to hinge the hood.

As far as the bed to the back of cab clearance, it looks like the one that I built years ago is the same way.

9 hours ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

Looking good!

My only complaint with this kit is that the cab fits loosely on the interior bucket and there is a lot of gaps around the firewall unless you fill them. I used Evergreen styrene to fill the gaps on mine. I also used doll house hinges to hinge the hood.

As far as the bed to the back of cab clearance, it looks like the one that I built years ago is the same way.

Thank you much appreciated. I will keep that in mind.