Model Cars Magazine Forum

Transmission for LS1 Swap

A smart thing GM did when they built the LS was to keep the same bellhousing bolt pattern, so pretty much anything that will bolt to a smallblock Chebby will bolt to an LS, and can be made to work (with the right flywheel or flexplate, and sometimes a crank-extension adapter...none of which would be visible on a model).

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

11 hours ago, Rodent said:

Not sure what you ordered, but the T-56 is quite large, as is the 1:1. You might have to modify the tunnel for clearance. 

This is the Lindberg 61 so the tunnel may need to be modified either way. I ordered the Powerglide and the 700R4. Hopefully one of these shouldn't need much modification.

8 hours ago, Perspective Customs said:

This is the Lindberg 61 so the tunnel may need to be modified either way. I ordered the Powerglide and the 700R4. Hopefully one of these shouldn't need much modification.

Can't see bolting a Slip-N-Slide to an LS, but it should clear the tunnel.

I see I'm a day late on this but Action-Modeler also has a few transmissions for that block. I have a Tremec TKO for manual, GM TH400, and GM 4L60E. The TKO has a really nice profile that would be great for small tunnel openings.

IMG_20200505_182215.jpg

59 minutes ago, Rodent said:

Slip and slide with Powerglide!

Er, some of the other guys might know that term. Probably one of my least favorite transmissions. 

Yeah, it’s only a two speed. It can be built bullet proof though.