Model Cars Magazine Forum

My Old Monogram Rescues

Straightliner59

1 hour ago, Snake45 said:

Oh just hella cool! You KNOW how I love bringing them back from the dead. 

Extra credit awarded for losing the 7th and 8th header pipes on the '32 flathead. B)

I thought you might like seeing these! Yeah, that silly extra pipe. I made mine from Contrails plastic tube. I just discovered that I have an unopened package of that stuff, still!

18 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Yup, very nice. An enviable collection of vintage plastic, even cooler because they're mostly rescues.

Thanks, Bill. I have discovered, through the years, that old Monogram kits hold a special place in my heart. I have built more of their kits, than any those of any other manufacturer, by far! Despite their flaws, with some work, they can be made into respectable pieces. Hell, I placed fourth in the circle track class at Salt lake, with the Indy car. No idea how that happened, because I didn't do anything to take away the "soul" of the kit, it's just an old Monogram kit that's dressed up, a little.

On 5/27/2020 at 11:37 AM, Nitrobarry said:

Hi, Are the decals on the dark blue dragster from the "Cook and Bedwell" car? If so, where did you get them. I need a set of those.

I got them from Jack Smith. I believe he still has some. The only way I know to contact him is through Facebook. If you're interested, I may be  able to put ou in touch with him.

On 5/24/2020 at 12:54 AM, slusher said:

Great looking group of saved models!!

Thanks, Carl!

On 5/24/2020 at 6:19 AM, Gramps46 said:

Great rescues.  I wish now I had kept my builds of the dragsters.

I love these old kits! They are just cool, ad  a lot of fun, to build.

On 5/24/2020 at 8:23 AM, Earl Marischal said:

That is absolutely my type of modelling! I have a couple of those 32s to build and a Long John to restore from my original 1970s build.

Great rescues/builds.

Thanks for showing.

steve

Thanks, Steve. I must enjoy this type of modeling--I keep going to it!