Model Cars Magazine Forum

Heavy Haul Project

On 6/20/2020 at 6:10 PM, tbill said:

Looking good! Kiss that shelf space goodbye, lol, us truck builders kill display space at an alarming rate, haha.

So true!!!  Great looking build. Can’t wait to see more. 

Dan,

I like what you are doing here. If I read your post correctly. You are using some of the old KFS low loader stuff along with the newer version  . Am I correct on that ?

I have two complete sets of the original low loader . Those modules require a bit of work to clean up and fit properly. But worth the effort.

Yours are looking good !

Be Well

Gator

Thanks Francis, the cost impact has not been to bad seeing I’ve been picking up all the parts over the last 5 years a little here and a little there. 

Gator the length of the vessel is 32” long or in 1/25 scale its 66.6’ long and a 10.5’ diameter.  As far as vessels go this is a short one but with a 3” heavy wall thickness making it a high pressure type vessel. 

On 6/15/2020 at 9:35 AM, Mopar - D said:

Thanks for your comments Jeff. I’ve got the shelf space covered with my new model room wall of shelf’s. 

9FF23323_BF42_4F33_AA7F_7B65C8D64639.jpe

This is really quite the project Dan. Really good to see you back here again! Say.....I remember helping you put the windshield back into that red rollback wrecker a few years back in Houston. lol

Thanks Joe and yes you did help me with the windshield on the roll back. 
Been working on the vessel anchor bolt rings with 40 anchor bolts that holds it on the foundation. Also working on the shoulders in between the rings. Plus some primer and red on transporter #3. 
6725ACA0_DF67_46DA_B126_9A3F376AF6D4.jpe
08827EE1_2D7B_4F04_8FE0_0EDCB9033523.jpe
8FF1905D_EAAD_4EA2_A224_D337658E6153.jpe

Thanks Herman, 

Pat, this is how I laid out the bolt template first I used the compass to setup the diameter and then divided length of the diameter for the spacing. As you can see I marked to bolt holes before cutting the center part out    
B1CC685F_FA9F_4247_9F89_9E77A3B4C0E1.jpe

Edited by Mopar - D

Paul, there’s going to be 4 transporters 

thanks Jeff

I was able to get some more painting done and finished the anchor bolt rings. I also added the top nozzle with a blind flange. Next will be to install the remaining nozzles and man ways. Then I will put the insulation on it. 
B651742D_6B0E_449D_9A5B_48E179F9B7BC.jpe
ADC3757A_1296_4929_A501_AE8A6459A281.jpe