Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 67 Coronet 500 2 dr ht..

5 hours ago, GMP440 said:

I agree.  The body looks good.  Can you tell us the steps that it took for you to make the body modifications to get the quarter panels looking correct?

I did a tutorial on it several years ago. It was in Tips, Tricks and Tutorial section. But, I doubt the photos are still there due to Photobucket. If you can find it, it explains the process step by step. So, the photos shouldn't be much of an issue.

• 5 months later...
13 hours ago, tbill said:

The trunk opening panel lines and the trunk ‘sheet metal’ on this thing are quite wonky as well. A buddy of mine just pointed this out to me on the kit he’s building, once you see it, it’s pretty bad.

Didn't notice that on mine. Can you post a photo and explain?

Something else I did notice on mine is the recess for the license plate on the front bumper is way too deep.

Unfortunately, this model reminds me an awful lot AMT's terrible hack job of the '58 Plymouth.

Rear quarters and roof are the BIGGEST errors to my eyes and my idea was to do an awful lot of mixing and matching with the old MPC/Revell '67 Charger/Coronet quarters and trunk and a total reshaping of the roof which to my eyes is MUCH too flat.

Yeah, I know some don't care but sorry.........I CANNOT stand bad body lines.

Lemme go a bit further and my idea is a bit more sinister. Take the roof off of the Revell '67 Coronet and affix it to the lower part of the MPC '67 Charger. Much like what I did with Monogram's incorrect '59 Chevy roof and replaced it with the '60.

Use part of the Revell Coronet's lower quarters and with a bit of reshaping, graft those into the MPC Charger's. Raise the roof crown ever so slightly on the Coronet roof so I can add in the proper curvature that the 1:1 has on both the windshield and the rear backlite.

Lots of work, but bad body lines have been a very looooooong pet peeve of mine in this hobby and it drives me crazy especially when there's TONS of pics of these cars everywhere, as well as proper CAD systems to use.

On 7/10/2020 at 1:06 AM, Plowboy said:

I did a tutorial on it several years ago. It was in Tips, Tricks and Tutorial section. But, I doubt the photos are still there due to Photobucket. If you can find it, it explains the process step by step. So, the photos shouldn't be much of an issue.

I tried searching here.  But did not find anything.  If you still have the pics stored in your hard drive, please post them here.  Thanks.

2 hours ago, Plowboy said:

Didn't notice that on mine. Can you post a photo and explain?

Something else I did notice on mine is the recess for the license plate on the front bumper is way too deep.

If you compare the two sides of the top of the quarter panels, you can see the odd taper of the passenger side, this also makes the center portion of the trunk lid look odd. His is an older issue, I compared it to my 2012 issue and it’s the same .

4672E55B-68AE-4A3B-8C30-BE428132B9C1.jpeg

It's obvious that this Cornet kit is fatally flawed.

My recommendation to to purchase and destroy every one you can find. Better yet, Be sure to share the flaws with anyone who has one or builds one. Why should they be happy with a kit as badly done as this one? Let them know that you are only doing this for their own good. Flawed kits are a plague upon the hobby.

Remember the F.A.A Motto. "We're not Happy, until You're not Happy!"

5 hours ago, tbill said:

If you compare the two sides of the top of the quarter panels, you can see the odd taper of the passenger side, this also makes the center portion of the trunk lid look odd. His is an older issue, I compared it to my 2012 issue and it’s the same .

4672E55B-68AE-4A3B-8C30-BE428132B9C1.jpeg

Thanx Tom! That's off pretty bad! I measured a spare body I have and there's a 4 mm difference front to rear.