Model Cars Magazine Forum

Corvette Grand Sport Accurate Miniatures

Finished this one up a bit ago . Pretty nice kit with few problems . The PE parts were rough ( maybe just me ). The hood doesn’t fit quite right ( me again ? ) . Also the kit headers do not clear the frame quite right . HRM sell a set that solve that problem but site showed them out of stock . Although not perfect I am pretty happy with the way it turned out . 

D1D1958A-D1EC-4929-A85B-DB71BF83E4EB.jpeg

3EB126DB-55AA-4B37-9B0F-EE671BE32B60.jpeg

01616118-1989-41D1-BD08-5A63D6229709.jpeg

A4CEA363-4594-4A97-B8E7-B729C5D8B1AD.jpeg

73D1048C-3E34-40C6-8231-4B2BFCCA69D1.jpeg

EF9A19BA-1DBC-4EE5-BFB3-B62F03FAB893.jpeg

Somehow you keep cranking out the kits and we all learn something from your experiences.  Not sure if you can raise the front suspension to fix the hood figment - it look like those carbs or something else is causing the problem.  Nice job and keep them coming.  I hear you are working on a very large Mach1 which of course I’ll be watching that one.

I love any build of this kit.  Nice job.   Thanks for sharing the process and the finished build.  Made me want to start another one.  TV announcer voice:  Now with improved skills!  lol  Thanks for the inspiration and clean build.

11 hours ago, Venom said:

I think it looks awesome! Never seen one of those Vettes before. That engine is a beast of a thing!

GM built only five of these (but 125 were planned) so they are very rare and the 377 cui all aluminum engine with 58 mm Webers putting out around 550 hp are impressive.

Nice work Ray.
I have two of these kits in my stash and will for sure take them on one of these days.