Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fujimi Porsche 911 Slantnose custom


Recommended Posts

On 11/12/2020 at 4:01 PM, Scalper said:

Thanks 

Yeah its been a while. I have the 911 convertible  930 . that 911 rally car Fujimi.. 959 and 362 Tamiya in my stash. Hopefully soon one will fall on my bench. 

How about the 959 next?!!....dont see many of them!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

Cool - glad you're back at it Dann! Nice wheels: what are they and are they a straight swap, fitting-wise, for the Fuchs ones in the kit? (Porsches seem to have such a big front/rear width difference!)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2020 at 5:59 AM, Pete75 said:

Cool - glad you're back at it Dann! Nice wheels: what are they and are they a straight swap, fitting-wise, for the Fuchs ones in the kit? (Porsches seem to have such a big front/rear width difference!)

Thanks again, Bud!, yes they are, and i didnt even have to adjust the ride height at all either! After some detail painting, i will have another update!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2020 at 7:49 PM, Dann Tier said:

Its crazy, but i had no idea of this kit until a couple weeks ago....i wonder how rare it is?...it sure has eluded me all these years.

It's mega rare. It was based on a Fujimi enthusiast series Porsche. But this was a one time issue only deal and all the Gambella parts were exclusive to Revell. I have one that I found recently after 20 years of looking for one!! No joke.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

I love it Dann. That is one bitchin Porsche.. I like your take on the LED headlights. I think I would have not split the rear lights though.. I have always liked the classic style on the rear end of these cars and just kinda throws me off. But, other than that your fabrication on this is fabulous. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2020 at 10:51 AM, TransAmMike said:

A lot of great subtle changes/additions Dann.  I'm following along closely. Love the low stance BTW.

Any more progress on this bad boy Dann??

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2020 at 4:14 PM, parki said:

It's mega rare. It was based on a Fujimi enthusiast series Porsche. But this was a one time issue only deal and all the Gambella parts were exclusive to Revell. I have one that I found recently after 20 years of looking for one!! No joke.

NICE!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2021 at 10:38 AM, Hawk5.0 said:

I love it Dann. That is one bitchin Porsche.. I like your take on the LED headlights. I think I would have not split the rear lights though.. I have always liked the classic style on the rear end of these cars and just kinda throws me off. But, other than that your fabrication on this is fabulous. 

Thanks, Chris!   Since this build is about updating/new technologies, i decided to adapt the newer style lights, but with my twist of having the separation blended in body kolor.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t know how this thread passed me by. Great work Dann. I love the imagination and creativity you bring to your builds. 
I remember seeing that Revell Gambella kit for sale in a local toy shop when I was a kid. I think it was about £8 - £9. At the time, I thought, who’s gonna pay that kind of money for a model. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 11/2/2020 at 3:06 PM, Dann Tier said:

Update #2!

-Photo 1; I wanted a smoothed out front fascia, so i filled in the turnsignals, and mouth. I turned the fog lights into brake ducts.

-Photo 2; I opened the fender vents....gotta love PE saws!!

-Photo 3; I replaced the scalloped side vent with the "Shark Fin"...only mine is a functional vent -not a chip guard.

DSCF0087.JPG

DSCF0088.JPG

DSCF0089.JPG

DSCF0090.JPG

DSCF0091.JPG

DSCF0092.JPG

WOW!!! Another home run!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...