Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/43 scale Peterbilt 359s

On 3/15/2021 at 9:26 PM, Pete68 said:

Here’s some 1/43 Peterbilt 359s I’ve been working on. 

E4CF4BD9-44E7-44A3-8C31-BD0C480A6806.jpeg

I really like these little kits. Nice work, with them! Where did you get these wheels? Are there sources for 1/43 scale truck parts? I have a Pete that I stretched and built a lumber bed, for. I  also have a KW that's now a single-axle day cab that will tow a pair of 27' trailers. None of these projects are complete! 😃

Edited by Straightliner59

9 hours ago, Straightliner59 said:

I really like these little kits. Nice work, with them! Where did you get these wheels? Are there sources for 1/43 scale truck parts? I have a Pete that I stretched and built a lumber bed, for. I  also have a KW that's now a single-axle day cab that will tow a pair of 27' trailers. None of these projects are complete! 😃

Dan. I used Don Mills 1/48 wheels with the kit front snap ring. I also like these I still have several  I plan on making a few truck and pup with these. Thanks for the complement. 

Edited by Pete68

3 hours ago, Vettegasser said:

These are good lookin builds. I have the wrecker in the stash. Wish they would put these back out 

Jim. Thanks for the complement the tow truck is nice I have s few of those also. It would be nice to see these again especially with all the new 1/43 trucks there coming out with 

2 hours ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

Lee, you always make these smaller scales look so amazing! Between my vision and my shaky hands I have enough trouble with 1/25th scale. Excellent work as always! These look great! I really tried to pick a favorite but I couldn’t.

Thanks Brian. I understand about the small scale this is like working in 1/25 compared to the 1/87 scale I worked in for years. 

3 minutes ago, Pete68 said:

Thanks Brian. I understand about the small scale this is like working in 1/25 compared to the 1/87 scale I worked in for years. 

I tried HO scale when I was a young man, but there is no way now. I’m thinking that I might need to go to 1/2 scale now.😀

On 3/16/2021 at 2:44 PM, bigred63 said:

Lee, those Pete's look Awesome! I wish they would re-issue them again! I'd want to get my hands on some of them and especially the Wrecker! 

I remember building the Wrecker when I was a teenager.  I wish I still had it - it was a neat kit and small enough to not take up a lot of room.  It was when 1/43 seemed like a strange scale to most but later I would discover many kits from Europe in that scale.  

Rex. I tried to build my very first one the Dannon Yogurt TNT combo when I was about six years old it was a disaster tried to hand paint it testors dark red I think my brother Bill took it over. Here’s a pic of the box top of my first attempt of these little jewels. I really would like to see AMT re-lease these but Heller Models I think have the molds and they altered the cab on the Pete 359 by adding stack brackets. 

B453326B-293F-48AF-97A7-0DFF57B3D61E.jpeg

Edited by Pete68

Those Petes look beautiful. Brings back memories. An AMT 1/43 Peterbilt 359 was the first American truck kit I'd ever seen. To a kid in GB in the 70s it looked like something from another planet! It was the version that had the black stripe decals on a white cab and hood. I built it as per the instructions but didn't have a clue what anything was because it looked nothing like the trucks I'd seen over here. You've done a wonderful job on those kits though. The smaller scales do make life a little easier on storage but do take it out of you as age creeps up! I struggle with 1/32.