Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/43 AMT 1970 Peterbilt 359 Conventional Western Lumber Hauler.

Here’s a 1/43 AMT Peterbilt 359 that I’m making into a Lumber Hauler instead of the Heavy Hauler.  I plan on adding some after market parts that I have in the stash. These AMT TNT Peterbilts have always been one of my favorites of the whole AMT line of models. 

04C12DF4-FDD7-42B9-9FE0-AB1FCB02BEC1.jpeg

Edited by Pete68

That's the exact kit I was talking about in your other post, my first American Truck. I think I saw that box art and couldn't stop myself.  As young kid in Liverpool I didn't know what a Peterbilt was,  or a conventional.  It was like something off another planet in comparison to the weedy little  "lorries" in UK. When you look at the parts you realise what a great little kit that thing is! In contrast,  I've just started the AMT 1/32 Trailmobile van snap kit and its horrendous! Your progress looks great so far. 

BTW I look forward to seeing the lady driver if that's what the "Medium Duty wench" refers to. 😉🤣

Edited by Rockford

On 3/26/2021 at 10:49 AM, Rockford said:

That's the exact kit I was talking about in your other post, my first American Truck. I think I saw that box art and couldn't stop myself.  As young kid in Liverpool I didn't know what a Peterbilt was,  or a conventional.  It was like something off another planet in comparison to the weedy little  "lorries" in UK. When you look at the parts you realise what a great little kit that thing is! In contrast,  I've just started the AMT 1/32 Trailmobile van snap kit and its horrendous! Your progress looks great so far. 

BTW I look forward to seeing the lady driver if that's what the "Medium Duty wench" refers to. 😉🤣

Thanks for the complement yeah spell check got me. Posts some updates soon 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Pete68 changed the title to 1/43 AMT 1970 Peterbilt 359 Conventional Lumber Hauler.
  • Pete68 changed the title to 1/43 AMT 1970 Peterbilt 359 Conventional Western Lumber Hauler.
4 hours ago, Dave Van said:

I recall those kits.....was such a scale snob I passed on them........wish I had picked them up.

Yes I passed them up several times then collected them and sold them to my Brother Bill about ten years ago I bought a couple back from him and started a collection of them again. They are get harder to get. 

Tried out the decals last night they didn’t turn out as good as I liked. I printed these many years ago after my brother Bill and I saw a Narrow Nose 251 in a junkyard while we was out looking at old trucks where he lives in Kansas City Missouri. 

4380E12A-C873-4209-97E5-4BC186195C4A.jpeg

E6A43AD0-91E1-4AB3-AD89-40917AADE995.jpeg

• Like 2