Model Cars Magazine Forum

Atlantis/Gofer/Revell parts packs

Draggon

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/19/2021 at 6:57 PM, Modelbuilder Mark said:

Late to this post, but somewhere along the line I missed that they bought these molds, and wondering if they got them all

That didn't buy them. They're having a special run produced by Atlantis, who does own the tooling. 

I sure hope that they do good enough for other ones to hit the market. I'd sure like to see the roadster chassis kits hit the market and the Fiat and Bantam bodies would be nice too. It's just that there are so many things that unless you're in your late '60,or your '70s you have never actually seen them and there are still some I've seen when they were new but haven't had them in my hands but the buick would work for a vintage dragster with the injection from the original '29 roadster kit from revell. Even some of us oval guys would like to get their hands on a few different things. There was a local driver that raced a Buick powered sprint car I'd to build a replica of.

• 8 months later...
6 minutes ago, CabDriver said:

Just spotted these on Model Roundup - same parts as in the Mooneyes dragster that Atlantis just reissued:

CF64566A-ECDB-44D7-BFDB-4191370BF145.jpeg.e542084ca61d2b3e3d3860b356a3b026.jpeg

I saw them too. When I went to order a set it occurred to me that it is only a few bucks more to get another Mooneyes dragster, that includes an engine and other good parts, so that's what I did! 😁 

34 minutes ago, larman said:

I saw them too. When I went to order a set it occurred to me that it is only a few bucks more to get another Mooneyes dragster, that includes an engine and other good parts, so that's what I did! 😁 

Yep - actually, I got a scratch ‘n’ dent special Mooneyes dragster from one of the sites for only a couple of bucks more.

That said, I’ve been collecting these parts packs by Gopher just to have them, so I can see myself ending up with one anyway…