Model Cars Magazine Forum

*1960 Chevy Fleetside Pickup*

Got around to doing a dry fit of the cab and box on the frame.  I worked at it for a while and saw the corners of the wing window glass was partially covering the slots where the dash locks in.  I took my dremel tool and cut the corners of the wing window glass to fully uncover the slots for the dash but that wasn't enough.  As a couple fellows had mentions the dash needed to be moved back so I enlarged the slots for the dash toward the rear.  I got the cab to go on but the dash will not fit up to the glass.  There is still a gap.  I can use a small paint brush going through the window to move the dash around but it will not fit up to the windshield.  I have not glued the dash in yet as I'm kinda at a stand still deciding on just what to do at this point.    

20210721_130227.jpg

20210721_130238.jpg

I had to re-paint the lower portion of the hood.  After pulling the part out of the 91% alcohol and cleaning it I shoot it with Rust-Oleum flat gray and I noticed something went wrong.  I first thought the 91% alcohol may have had a reaction to the plastic.  I did a test on a piece of wood and got the same results.  Looks like there was something wrong with the paint.  Never in all my years have a seen this.  I primed the part with an older can of the same paint I had and all is well.  When it comes to paint....I seem to always have some type of issue going on.   

20210721_091605.jpg

20210721_101735.jpg

24 minutes ago, espo said:

Is the paint drying before getting to the part ? I'm sure the part you're spring is clean and free of any solvents. Are you dealing with any dust in the air ? 

Thanks for the help Dave.  No....the paint was not drying to quick and the part was dust free.  I've use this paint for years and never seen this happen.  When I tried it on the wood and it did the same thing I knew there was something wrong with the paint.  It even sounded funny coming out of the nozzle.  Problem has been fixed.  Thanks again Dave.   

Ok guys and gals.  Just need to put the bumper on but I'm calling the box done.  I got a little lazy when I couldn't find my brown for the dry brush on the wood but it works for me. 

20210722_144016.jpg

20210722_144029.jpg

• Like 1

When I got out in the garage this morning the first thing I see is a letter missing on the tailgate.  I had an extra so an easy fix.  I'm done with the engine bay and moving on to final assembly.  

20210723_091551.jpg

20210723_103440.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...