Model Cars Magazine Forum

Who Has The Best Price on AMT 4070A Kit

After watching Chris' ( @hpiguy) unboxing & build of this kit , I'm terribly tempted to buy one , too ! 

Is this an old ERTL 'tooling-restoration-and-improvement' project ? 

I'm truly impressed by what seems to be a 100% new kit ! That cab interior insert (door panels , headliner , sleeper ) is perhaps its finest appointment ! Now if only the pickups and passenger cars kits would have this feature ! 

According to Chris , this kit "practically fell-together" . That's always good to hear when working with any kit , and especially a tractor .

(1) NEW MOLDS! INTERNATIONAL TRANSTAR CO 4070A SEMI TRACTOR 1/25 SCALE MODEL KIT Build Review AMT 1203 - YouTube

Just now, 1972coronet said:

After watching Chris' ( @hpiguy) unboxing & build of this kit , I'm terribly tempted to buy one , too ! 

Is this an old ERTL 'tooling-restoration-and-improvement' project ? 

I'm truly impressed by what seems to be a 100% new kit ! That cab interior insert (door panels , headliner , sleeper ) is perhaps its finest appointment ! Now if only the pickups and passenger cars kits would have this feature ! 

According to Chris , this kit "practically fell-together" . That's always good to hear when working with any kit , and especially a tractor .

(1) NEW MOLDS! INTERNATIONAL TRANSTAR CO 4070A SEMI TRACTOR 1/25 SCALE MODEL KIT Build Review AMT 1203 - YouTube

This is by far and away the easiest and most well thought out semi tractor I've ever assembled. 

If they were all designed like this I'd review way way more of them. 

I've done the more modern Revell and Italeri kits and they were good, but this revamped Ertl was nothing but easy the entire time. I had not even one frustrating moment and I've mentioned on a few of the AMT semi tractors and tow truck that they take a very very patient hand and going over the directions a few times. They are not for the beginner.  This 4070A went together like a modern Moebius Ford kit. Easy peasy.