Model Cars Magazine Forum

1974 Camaro , continued

On 10/19/2021 at 5:34 PM, MarkJ said:

Pierre, I'm just afraid, some day,  the finished product will look so bad, I would have to say, that the dog ate it.

I think some of us have that fear on a build that something might go wrong might be the kid in us..

7 hours ago, slusher said:

Mark, Some great scratch building and nice black paint finish. Must not be long until engine time , friend..

Yes, Carl. That is next on the agenda. I had to steal a 350 from a 1970 corvette kit. What's weird is from the ref pictures, the engine appears to be all white and the headers too. I will use a big  block in the Corvette if I ever get around to building it. I bought the Corvette kit strickly for the engine to put in this 74 Camaro build. I have a big block from a 65 Chevelle kit I can put in the Corvette. The small block from the 70 1/2 Camaro kit was used in the 65 chevelle late model sportsman I built a while back. 

2 hours ago, Pierre Rivard said:

beautiful detailing and the black chassis looks really good!

Thanks, Pierre. The chassis was bristle brushed because that's what I'm doing now. And using your rules of brush painting, it came out very well,  I must say.  Thank you for getting me in to the brush painting world. It makes building a pleasure not having to worry about the weather or going outside to paint. I always got trash in the paint from a tree or some other source. That doesn't happen at the work bench. The whole build is done at one station.

Looks very good! Looking at the surface at your chassis I could not tell it was brush painted. Is there a certain technique? I have started using an AB in a heated room with ventilation, seems to work fine as for now. I live above the Arctic Circle, snow has already come, about 2 feet and been below 20 deg Celsius already..

42 minutes ago, Mattilacken said:

Looks very good! Looking at the surface at your chassis I could not tell it was brush painted. Is there a certain technique? I have started using an AB in a heated room with ventilation, seems to work fine as for now. I live above the Arctic Circle, snow has already come, about 2 feet and been below 20 deg Celsius already..

Anton, You seem like the perfect candidate for the brush painters society. Would you like a link to check it out?  Even if you have a booth setup, its so much easier to clean bristle brushes then it is to clean air brushes. Not to mention the fumes and having to wear protection when you paint or clean. We use acrylic paint which is non toxic.

14 hours ago, Mattilacken said:

Anton, here is that link if you want to check out the brush painting       Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums :: View topic - The Brush Painters Society (randyayersmodeling.com)