Model Cars Magazine Forum

Transtar CO-4070A

22 hours ago, gotnitro? said:

good looking paint scheme ! Ive heard this kit nearly builds itself ..toss some glue in the box shake and open the box to reveal a finished model lol

Thanks Jeff it just about dose and so far all the parts are clean of any flash and clean up easy after clipping them off the tree. I’ve made progress on the engine, frame and wheels. I’m still deciding on colors for the interior and fuel tanks. 

50A5A854-2173-4397-978F-9358B129FB4C.jpeg

2F5A376C-F5B6-4F80-B26C-7BB9DA518BE0.jpeg

22062D2D-6946-4EAF-98AE-C9C64A45A305.jpeg

093505D7-2130-48B8-BE06-F75EEDE9D5B4.jpeg

B4CCB546-F111-4942-9581-3598EB0F19CC.jpeg

2 hours ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

This one is really coming together! It looks awesome! It looks like I’m going to have to send some of my projects to you to get them finished.😀

Thanks Brian other than looking for a new opportunity I’ve got Lots of free time to build. I’ve done everything I can on this one until the clear coat dries. As you can see from the pictures I’ve test fit the remaining parts and all looks good. So I’m pulling together my next build and I’m going to add another dump truck to my fleet. I’m going to use the International F-2674 dump truck kit but I’m switching out the Heil dump body with the Autocar Montone dump body. You can guess what the colors are. 

1 minute ago, Mopar - D said:

Thanks Brian other than looking for a new opportunity I’ve got Lots of free time to build. I’ve done everything I can on this one until the clear coat dries. As you can see from the pictures I’ve test fit the remaining parts and all looks good. So I’m pulling together my next build and I’m going to add another dump truck to my fleet. I’m going to use the International F-2674 dump truck kit but I’m switching out the Heil dump body with the Autocar Montone dump body. You can guess what the colors are. 

I can’t wait!

Thanks Carl, I’m using Scale Finishes 500 clear. It might be the hot humid weather here in Houston I have to spray in my garage. I was able to spray another coat on yesterday morning before it got into the 90’s and it came out ok for me. I may have this in under glass later today or early tomorrow morning. 

16 hours ago, James Maynard said:

Looks great. I need to get back to work on mine. 

Thanks James, now I just need to build a trailer for it 

15 hours ago, Bronzekeg said:

looking good Dan, I got to get this kit again. built it as a kid.

Thanks Ken, I remember building this as a kid when it first came out and I remember trying to use the rubber cement and strip template. It bleed through so bad on me I ended up painting it all over one color. Lol.