Model Cars Magazine Forum

Another 75th White Freightliner kit!

I'm in the middle of a move currently, and I can't sit around without doing some modeling. So I decided to crack open one of my favorite kits and get to work. I've been brush painting most of the smaller parts, to improve my brush painting skills, and spray painted the rest. The engine is all brush painted. Surely Not my best work, but it's good enough for now! Not sure where I got the idea for this paint scheme, I just started randomly masking and this is where I ended up. I love it so far! I'll try my best to keep this thread updated as I build! Any feedback is welcome!

20211104_125015.jpg

20211104_125021.jpg

20211103_181515.jpg

20211103_181521.jpg

20211103_181517.jpg

20211104_125041.jpg

20211104_125036.jpg

5 hours ago, 1930fordpickup said:

Look good. Nice Brush work on the engine. 

Thanks! Again not my best but given the circumstances it's good enough 

2 hours ago, kilrathy10 said:

Man, that is one of the best paint schemes I've ever seen... Especially, since you only randomly came up with it... It's beautiful.. Way awesome!!! I love it...That brown portion looks good with that wood grain effect... Awesome!!!

Wow really? Well I'm shocked thank you! It's all working together I'm happy with it so far! 

I too really enjoyed this kit. When you go to install the windows, cut out the "ceiling" portion. This will give the side windows enough flexibility to fit against their frames. You may also wish to sand down the top perimeter of the interior before you stuff it in the body. Otherwise you may split your cab halves apart.

Below are links to my two recent WIPs for some other things you may wish to add/try.

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/148169-brbo-2020-triple-drive-white-freightliner-coe/

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/147002-white-freightliner-coe-day-cab-dual-drive/?tab=comments#comment-2158654

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bills72sj said:

I too really enjoyed this kit. When you go to install the windows, cut out the "ceiling" portion. This will give the side windows enough flexibility to fit against their frames. You may also wish to sand down the top perimeter of the interior before you stuff it in the body. Otherwise you may split your cab halves apart.

Below are links to my two recent WIPs for some other things you may wish to add/try.

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/148169-brbo-2020-triple-drive-white-freightliner-coe/

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/147002-white-freightliner-coe-day-cab-dual-drive/?tab=comments#comment-2158654

Those builds are remarkable, outstanding!! Thanks for sharing! I never had an issue with the glass, although I have had issues witg the Interior before. I always shave the edges of the tub now!

On 11/4/2021 at 9:36 PM, TruckerAL said:

Those builds are remarkable, outstanding!! Thanks for sharing! I never had an issue with the glass, although I have had issues witg the Interior before. I always shave the edges of the tub now!

Thank you. They were fun to build.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, gotnitro? said:

Killer paint work Al the stripes really fit the body shape beautifully 

The chassis looks good too, can't wait to see more 

Much appreciated! I wasn't sure how well my 3 colors would work together, but they definitely compliment eachother now!

I'm moving right along here today. Have the glass installed, interior in, and have all my decals set

20211108_193321.jpg

20211108_193223.jpg

20211108_193235.jpg

1 hour ago, Sledsel said:

Looking good. How you get the front tires pulled in under the cab?

Thank you! To get the wheels tucked in more, I cut the front axle. I slice it right in the middle, And remove a few millimeters, test fit, then glue onto the springs. Works like a charm for me👍

• 1 month later...