Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Plymouth GTX Convertible

ModelcarJR

Thanks, All! I appreciate your comments! 

Here's what I did to make the wheel tracking look a little better. The rear wheels are worse than the front so I pushed the chassis too the left side (right side in the photo from underneath) and then added a length of axle to the right side since that was the wheel that was broken off from the hardtop build. This was a shortcut I used instead of doing it to both sides. But it looks better to me than before. I also completed the engine bay.  I don't have a windshield wiper motor but if I find one I'll add it later.  I found a couple of Keith Marks decals, one is on the air cleaner. 

00-Y-8Yc6DVh--ZPkGITLwl4ftFjzPT9fAvEBf1aalWdFzHSuKU0ph6DBWMssrEX0z5aAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1637778075

00-Y-8Yc6DVh--ZPkGITLwl4ftFjzPT9fAvEBf1aalWdFwEi8jmiVrGaBg1-tZATBbdVZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1637778071

enhance

And its done. I added some foil under the red decal for the hood. The HEMI decal for the hood didn't make it as it didn't register. Decals in this kit are awful and I wouldn't think of trying the black hood decal as it is not cut for the hood opening and as bad as these decals are I am not going to attempt it once the decal is on and dry. 

Marker lamps are painted and I added a Keith Marks to the back. The Plymouth script on the hood was foiled under the paint and then revealed with some lacquer thinner. It looks like there are some letters there, although it is not very readable. The hood was use before on the hardtop and so paint has been removed prior to this painting and it may have affected the process. I also drilled out the plastic headlights and replaced them with lenses from the 69 Olds 442. Looks better but not perfect. Anyway, its built and out of the closet! Thanks for looking! 

00-Y-8Yc6DVh--ZPkGITLwl4ftFjzPT9fAvEBf1aalWdFxjfLYAlI1kynKRhyk_vCN8VZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1637778079

00-Y-8Yc6DVh--ZPkGITLwl4ftFjzPT9fAvEBf1aalWdFyUUaXYBsYGckXbJFwIGjJAldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1637778081

00-Y-8Yc6DVh--ZPkGITLwl4ftFjzPT9fAvEBf1aalWdFy7TtkjSJjkFryUkgFtOSUGV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1637778083

00-Y-8Yc6DVh--ZPkGITLwl4ftFjzPT9fAvEBf1aalWdFzU6MVnLHnU1hYVr9SQBi4wUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1637778085

Edited by ModelcarJR
spelling and grammar