Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 AMT 1978 Ford Bronco "Wild Hoss"

Casey

10 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

I'd like to see the decal sheet, as Chad's quick glimpse of the bottom of the box looks like it won't have the "Free Wheelin'" decals we thought it would have. Looks like it may be these.

20220701_233516.png.0829983b96079a0a45bf3650625145d5.png

wmimg_0351.jpg.3f0d7b47646c4570bc31c8c768f0c56a.jpg

Yup, exactly. 

Anyone else disappointed?

Yeah, Just from the quick look at the bottom of the box, it almost looks like the decals haven't changed at all so I will be interested to get a look at the final product. I might have to go with the Ray's sheet even though they cost more than the kit itself. 🙄

17 minutes ago, Mike C. said:

Yeah, Just from the quick look at the bottom of the box, it almost looks like the decals haven't changed at all so I will be interested to get a look at the final product. I might have to go with the Ray's sheet even though they cost more than the kit itself. 🙄

I'm thinking the same thing. 

Tip on buying from Ray if you're not in the U.S., buy directly from his website instead of going through that guy selling his decals on E-bay. Not only is the shipping less [about 1/2 for Canada]

Also they let you choose options like tire lettering and license plates and possibly custom colors. Only down side is you have to wait for them to be printed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Can-Con said:

I'm thinking the same thing. 

Tip on buying from Ray if you're not in the U.S., buy directly from his website instead of going through that guy selling his decals on E-bay. Not only is the shipping less [about 1/2 for Canada]

Also they let you choose options like tire lettering and license plates and possibly custom colors. Only down side is you have to wait for them to be printed. 

Back when Ray was still running his Ebay store, I asked him if he was going to have some of the freeweeling sheets on the Ebay store when to kits came out. He said that he would but now he has a new seller here in the states so that the shipping wouldn't cost over $30 U.S. So far, I have seen no sign of this.

Items for sale by pontiacbanker | eBay

14 minutes ago, Mike C. said:

Back when Ray was still running his Ebay store, I asked him if he was going to have some of the freeweeling sheets on the Ebay store when to kits came out. He said that he would but now he has a new seller here in the states so that the shipping wouldn't cost over $30 U.S. So far, I have seen no sign of this.

I was checking it out last week Mike. The E-bay seller's shipping to me is almost $30 USD.  I e-mailed with some questions and they told me the shipping for Canada would be $14.50 USD. I suspect the re-seller is making his profit off the shipping, as is his right to do so.

In fact, here's the body of the e-mail.

"Thank you for getting in touch!

Our shipping options for Canada are as follows (in USD):
Untracked Mailbox Package – Worldwide, untracked and uninsured  - $14.50
Tracked Mailbox Package – Worldwide, track & trace and insured up to $50 -  $27
Tracked Parcel – Worldwide, track & trace and insured up to $250 - $31

We are bound by a change made by the WPO that prohibits sending commercial goods via stamped mail. So all orders are now forced to be shipped as a package, that is why the cheapest option we can offer is $14.50. Most of our Canadian and American customers (who coincidentally make up the majority of our customers!) choose the $14.50 option and we have great success with that. Rest assured that even though it is untracked, should anything happen to the package we are happy to reimburse or resend the decals free of charge. 

Ray has indeed been inactive on the message boards, he says he still lurks and reads occasionally but since this hobby business has taken off a bit more he hasn't got the time to really engage much seeing as it is essentially a second job for him. He is happy to hear you still found his wares even outside of the boards though!

We hope you can find decals to your liking in our webshop, please be aware that any sets that are set to 'on backorder' will be printed with the next print run (July 15th) so it will take a little while before it gets shipped out. Items that are in stock and don't require any changes can of course be sent the next day. Our average delivery time from the Netherlands to Canada from the moment of shipping is 2 to 4 weeks.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch with me if you have any questions or requests!

Kind regards, "
Edited by Can-Con

My understanding was the whole reason for the American Ebay store was to keep the sky high shipping cost down since there were so many American customers. Maybe I misunderstood. 

If I have to pay over $60 for 1 decal sheet, this model will be without any aftermarket decals.

14 minutes ago, Mike C. said:

My understanding was the whole reason for the American Ebay store was to keep the sky high shipping cost down since there were so many American customers. Maybe I misunderstood. 

If I have to pay over $60 for 1 decal sheet, this model will be without any aftermarket decals.

That was my understanding too. 

But, looks like, as shown in the e-mail they sent me, the shipping would be $14.50 to the U.S. too if I understand right.

I have no idea what the guy selling on e-bay would charge you for shipping to you in PA [or anywhere else in the U.S.] but I'd imagine it's much lower than to me here in Canada.

20 minutes ago, Mike C. said:

He is in Wisconsin and his store says $8.95 shipping. What am I missing?

I'm in Canada. His shipping to prices to Canada is ridiculous. 

Like I said in my last post,,

" have no idea what the guy selling on e-bay would charge you for shipping to you in PA [or anywhere else in the U.S.] but I'd imagine it's much lower than to me here in Canada."

3 minutes ago, Mike C. said:

Most of his stuff is $8.95. The Canadian Ebay must show a different shipping cost. Now if he would only get some of the Freewheeling Bronco sheets in his store.

It does. It shows shipping based on where you are in the world. 

,, and I'm on just regular e-bay. It's showing me all prices in USD.

I seem to recall in the 1980s there was an American television show that involved either park rangers or California police that had a Bronco like this in it. I recall it my have starred Mark Harmon from the NCIS show of today. Is this an accurate memory? If so that could be a fun project if decals could be found or made. 

30 minutes ago, Mike C. said:

Most of his stuff is $8.95. The Canadian Ebay must show a different shipping cost. Now if he would only get some of the Freewheeling Bronco sheets in his store.

It says $41.25 shipping to the UK.  For a sheet of decals.  🧐

12 hours ago, Oldcarfan27 said:

I'd like to see the decal sheet, as Chad's quick glimpse of the bottom of the box looks like it won't have the "Free Wheelin'" decals we thought it would have. Looks like it may be these.

20220701_233516.png.0829983b96079a0a45bf3650625145d5.png

wmimg_0351.jpg.3f0d7b47646c4570bc31c8c768f0c56a.jpg

I can remember going with my cousin to C&C Ford in my hometown back in the late 70s maybe even early 80s and the sleazy salesman talked him into buying a green one with these same stripes. After my dad convinced him that he wasn't going to be able to make the payments along with the insurance and other costs, my dad had to go back and convince the dealership to take back the Bronco. He was devastated but I remember him getting a used '79 in blue some years later.

Edited by Mike C.

13 minutes ago, dodgefever said:

It says $41.25 shipping to the UK.  For a sheet of decals.  🧐

Yea, for anyone outside the US. it's probably better to get them direct form Ray. 

BTW, Stu,  here's the shipping as stated on Ray's site for Europe,

EUROPE(Excluding Benelux & Germany) SHIPPING COSTS
Untracked Mailbox Package  EU Zone 2, untracked and uninsured 13.50$
Tracked Parcel  EU Zone 2, track & trace and insured up to 100$ 20$

7 minutes ago, Mike C. said:

Seller got back to me and said that Ray is working to meet the release date for the Wild Hoss as well as the 1980 Bronco and f-150. All Freewheelin decals as well as a few others.

On the site Ray says the next printing will be on July 15 so I'd imagine that it would be close to the end of the month before the E-bay guy is stocked up again.

Probably a good time to chime in, I reckon hah. Haven't logged on for so long, but I lurk from time to time!

The reseller's gonna get a bucket load of Free Wheelin' sets before the end of July so at least they'll be there for those in the States. That being said though, no idea why his eBay shipping for Canada is nearly as high as it is for me over in the Netherlands(I get 39$ on my end). Given the huge size of the set making it costly as heck to print, I was initially really hesitant to have any more printed on my own accord cause I really, really expected Round 2 to put in the decals themselves even if yes originally they were a '79 option. I only have two sets on hand at the moment if folk don't mind the somewhat longer shipping times, so it's something I suppose!

By the way, thanks Can-Con for sharing the shipping info ❤️

Also a little edit: I was gonna continue putting stuff on eBay but their fee/share taken was on both shipping and the item and truly it was literally costing more than it even brought back in. I wish I could still send stuff out via regular envelope for a fraction of the cost for everyone involved, right now I'm losing a little bit on shipping(its the exact price for shipping, but the sturdy boxes are on me basically). Its weird putting a flat sheet in a box to ship internationally, but atleast there's no more forced returns with friggin' fines.

Edited by echoxrayniner
Lil' extra info nibbles
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, SteveG said:

It's got the original decals and the narrow style Free Whelin' graphics too.   You can see them on the box bottom if you look closely.  

-Steve

Screenshot 2022-07-01 204843.jpg

From round 2 thread in cars. Steve G is part of R2 team