Model Cars Magazine Forum

Another 1979 GMC Caballero Diablo

A while back I posted my black '79 Diablo, an ex-El Camino MPC promo with Ray's Kits decals. This time around, it's the actual one-year-only MPC kit. I added Firestones from the AMT Courier, 1995 Sonoma wheels, an LT1 swap (MPC block with heads, intake, and timing cover/belt from an AMT 1996 Corvette), a scratch built hitch receiver, and some various parts box junk. It's the third addition to the RJ's series... First came the 9500, then the 72, now this. I'll include a family photo of all three at the end. The RJ'S graphics are from the AMT 1959 El Camino, while the Construction part came from the Moebius 1965 Ford service truck. Paint is Tamiya pearl blue. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

If you're so inclined, here's the '72... 

And the 9500...

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Spottedlaurel said:

Very nice.

One for the boss of RJ's? Whoever was lucky enought to have the keys would certainly get between the sites prettty quickly....

My idea was the Caballero was the owner's personal project car, and at one point he figured why not use it to plug the business, and possibly even take it to smaller jobs where the bucket truck and/or a bunch of tools aren't needed. 

• 1 month later...