Model Cars Magazine Forum

57 Chevy

Dave42

20 minutes ago, espo said:

Beautiful looking finishes. This was one of the old AMT's best kits in my opinion. I like all of the stock appearing colors and details. Looks like you added a Trans Cooler in front of the Radiator. 

Thank you much! One of my favorite color combos on these cars. I did add the cooler as you said. I was trying to replicate a friends Grandfather's car which has one.

3 minutes ago, TransAmMike said:

WOW Dave, are you sure you didn't send pics of a real car😂😂

That's great work!!  Beautiful in bright red.

Thank you much! Lol, I did not, but I really appreciate the compliment. These high res cameras definitely show off every little thing though....a few things I'm not particularly happy with after seeing the pics, but I'll carry on. Thanks again!

3 minutes ago, TransAmMike said:

If you don't mind, what paint is it and is the chrome trim BMF??

I used Testor's "Bright Red" and yes, BMF. The foil is my least favorite part. What I had was old and brittle. So, a lot of little breaks in it. I should have redone it but moved on to the next one. Thanks again!

Just now, Dave42 said:

I used Testor's "Bright Red" and yes, BMF. The foil is my least favorite part. What I had was old and brittle. So, a lot of little breaks in it. I should have redone it but moved on to the next one. Thanks again!

Thanks Dave.  Yep, the BMFing can be a pain.  Don't know if you've seen my WIP thread with the purple '57 but its ready for foiling and I'm waiting for a sheet of the "new" batch of BMF directly from BMF to get back to completing it.

40 minutes ago, TransAmMike said:

Thanks Dave.  Yep, the BMFing can be a pain.  Don't know if you've seen my WIP thread with the purple '57 but its ready for foiling and I'm waiting for a sheet of the "new" batch of BMF directly from BMF to get back to completing it.

I had not, but I just checked it out. It looks great. I love that Purple. I'm following now, looking forward to seeing the finish.