Model Cars Magazine Forum

Atlantis 1957 Chevy Bel Air Hardtop (2 'n 1) OUT NOW!!!!

7 hours ago, Plowboy said:

Welp, if it's this one (pretty sure it is), those AMT kits you're used to will seem Tamiya-like.

vintage-revell-1314-1957-57-chevy-bel_1_eaf50fada81044fd975db3f1a4975956.jpg.b67ebd5346d8dc942308a5d44c6070a0.jpg

Revell reissued this kit not too long ago as an Ed Roth inspired car. You can at least get some up to date info on it. 

Yes the atlantis version is the re issue of the H-1284 version.  It's all good i got the good version from AMT on the way too.  It even comes with the photo etch and plug wires which is a first I've seen with AMT kits. It's the 100 year anniversary collector edition version.  I'll probably re sell the atlantis kit back on ebay or something.

20 hours ago, Plowboy said:

You may regret that purchase. If I'm not mistaken, that's the kit with opening doors and trunk. If it is that kit, it's horrible for warping, ill fitment and flash.

How I hated kits with opening doors and trucks.  Hated them as a kid in the late 70s hate them now. I’ll pass on it.

8 hours ago, Plowboy said:

Welp, if it's this one (pretty sure it is), those AMT kits you're used to will seem Tamiya-like.

vintage-revell-1314-1957-57-chevy-bel_1_eaf50fada81044fd975db3f1a4975956.jpg.b67ebd5346d8dc942308a5d44c6070a0.jpg

Revell reissued this kit not too long ago as an Ed Roth inspired car. You can at least get some up to date info on it. 

I have this kit in my stash. Bought from a fellow SPAM forum member couple years ago because I wanted another go at it. I may swap the body and interior tub from another AMT ‘57 Chevy kit in my stash. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dpate said:

Yes the atlantis version is the re issue of the H-1284 version……It's the 100 year anniversary collector edition version.

Is it 2057 already? I knew there was a reason I feel so old.🤪

Edited by NOBLNG
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Plowboy said:

This is a tuff kit but many people will get fooled by the box art"..

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/29/2022 at 2:42 PM, Dpate said:

On ebay $22.49 with $9 shipping.  I purchased mine along with photo etch set. 185 parts in this bad boy.  

AMC-1371-2.jpg

Hello Depate, have fun with it. Atlantis hopefully worked out the body issues. If not , your a modeler and will make it work, I have a 1955 early revell kit with opening everything and it has flash and every problem a model car can have but I would like to detail the heck out of it and build it some day. Good luck and show us the kit when you get it.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2022 at 9:35 PM, slusher said:

This is a tuff kit but many people will get fooled by the box art"..

Yup. I found out the hard way when I first bought this kit way back in the late 70s early 80s. It fought me all the way when I didn’t care about building it seriously as a kid. I have a plan to fix the doors on this one just as I’ve done to the ‘57 Ford Fairlane kit - glue them shut. Aside to the hood, the trunk I’ll keep to open and close.