Model Cars Magazine Forum

7 hours ago, Pierre Rivard said:

So much beautiful details to look at. This is superb craftsmanship.

7 hours ago, David G. said:

I've always wanted to have a go at one of these, you're doing quite well with yours.

At this scale, It's almost impossible to distinguish it from the real thing.

David G.

3 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Looks like a beautiful model, and all your added details make it better. The all metal semi-monocoque is quite convincing. Very impressive.   :D

Gentlemen thank you for your kind words.

Dave, go for it it’s only money 😉🤣

• 3 weeks later...

Looking amazing so far. I would just try to dull the seat surfaces. Those were covered with woven cloth material that was almost corduroy like and were definitely not shiny. Considering you are weathering the engine and the chassis, I think it would benefit greatly the overall look of your build if you do the same to the seats. Either way, it's an impressive model in impressive size (with impressive price tag 😉) that you are doing an impressive job on. Nothing sounds like those flat 12s. 

1 hour ago, mrm said:

Looking amazing so far. I would just try to dull the seat surfaces. Those were covered with woven cloth material that was almost corduroy like and were definitely not shiny. Considering you are weathering the engine and the chassis, I think it would benefit greatly the overall look of your build if you do the same to the seats. Either way, it's an impressive model in impressive size (with impressive price tag 😉) that you are doing an impressive job on. Nothing sounds like those flat 12s. 

Thank you for commenting, I may have to look into dulling down the shine on the seats. And thank you for the kind words.

47 minutes ago, Chris Smith said:

Thank you for commenting, I may have to look into dulling down the shine on the seats. And thank you for the kind words.

You may want to look into something I just recently discovered at Hobby Lobby. They cary markers for painting Gundam robots in the model section. They come in sets or individually. There is Matt Clear one that comes only individually and is $5. Unlike the other ones, it's actually acrylic, so it would go over any other paint without attacking it. It works miracles. It lays really smooth and dries very flat, fast and even. 

This is what it looks like. It may be the perfect solution for your seats. It is what I use for my matt carbon fiber in my Huayra build. 

C1xwBZ.jpg

Edited by mrm

• 2 weeks later...