Model Cars Magazine Forum

1 hour ago, lucky 130 said:

Haven't received mine yet, Thats not normal. Checked with P.O. they might have just as well said "duha". I am willing to pay for the issue again just to get it. 

Same here (no issue yet) and no response from anyone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/21/2022 at 10:02 AM, Force said:

I got issue 214 in the mail the other day but I'm still missing the 212 and 213 issues.

Good to have notes to compare - I got #213 as 1st in my renewal sub but am still missing #214, 215. And got the renewal notice a couple of days ago after only getting one issue of the sub so far..... 

11 hours ago, Claes Ericsson said:

Good to have notes to compare - I got #213 as 1st in my renewal sub but am still missing #214, 215. And got the renewal notice a couple of days ago after only getting one issue of the sub so far..... 

Foreign deliveries have been extremely slow. I don't know why this is the case, but magazines are taking months to get to northern Europe. This is one of the reasons we recommend digital subscriptions to subscribers outside the US. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/3/2022 at 9:13 PM, Dave Ambrose said:

Foreign deliveries have been extremely slow. I don't know why this is the case, but magazines are taking months to get to northern Europe. This is one of the reasons we recommend digital subscriptions to subscribers outside the US. 

Well I don't want digital, I want a hard copy and hold it in my hands and read it, digital doesn't do it for me and if it's the only option for us outside the US I will not renew my subscription...that's it.
As far as the hard copy of the magazine and mail, I have not recieved anything after #214 yet and I have still not recieved #212 and #213 and if it's only that the mail is slow I would have got them by now don't you think...so both issues must have been lost somewhere.
It's very strange because before the covid pandemic I allways got my copys and most of the time long before thay were available in stores, but now you are lucky if you get anything at all...that's todays "reliable" mail service for you. 😠

Edited by Force

2 hours ago, Force said:

Well I don't want digital, I want a hard copy and hold it in my hands and read it, digital doesn't do it for me and if it's the only option for us outside the US I will not renew my subscription...that's it.
As far as the hard copy of the magazine and mail, I have not recieved anything after #214 yet and I have still not recieved #212 and #213 and if it's only that the mail is slow I would have got them by now don't you think...so both issues must have been lost somewhere.
It's very strange because before the covid pandemic I allways got my copys and most of the time long before thay were available in stores, but now you are lucky if you get anything at all...that's todays "reliable" mail service for you. 😠

Ditto! I was lucky to get #213 as the 1st in my renewal but all after that are AWOL....

We (MCM) are seriously unhappy with the delivery situation, but at this point in time, there isn't a lot we can do about it. Northern Europe and Australia are particular trouble areas. I strongly suspect that the US Postal Service is the problem for reasons I won't go into here.  There have been improvements, but we still have some areas of the US with chronically slow delivery.

Getting the magazine mailed out turns out to be a surprisingly complex activity. 

Have you looked into using a local mailing house to cover Europe? When I (in the UK) subscribed to Air and Space Smithsonian and Popular Mechanics, they were mailed by Dutch Post from a bulk centre in Amsterdam. 

That said, I’ve personally had no problems with MCM deliveries… the most recent Hot Rods issue arrived early last week…

best,

M.

On 11/24/2022 at 8:48 AM, Dave Ambrose said:

We (MCM) are seriously unhappy with the delivery situation, but at this point in time, there isn't a lot we can do about it. Northern Europe and Australia are particular trouble areas. I strongly suspect that the US Postal Service is the problem for reasons I won't go into here.  There have been improvements, but we still have some areas of the US with chronically slow delivery.

Getting the magazine mailed out turns out to be a surprisingly complex activity. 

I don't know where the issue is but it has been a lot worse since the pandemic...I subscribe to a couple more magazines from the US and it's pretty much the same with them...delivery is sporadic at best.
The mail service over here is not the best either, a Swedish magazine I subscribe to was available in the stores last Tuesday and I got my subscription copy in my mail box the following Friday...about a week later than I should have had it and several days after it was available at the stores.
I hope this can be solved and as I said, I want hard copys of my magazines and I hope I can get the missing copys so my collection will be complete...as it is now the missing issues are #212, #213, #215...and the latest #216, but it's maybe too soon to be expecting that issue allready.

Edited by Force