Model Cars Magazine Forum

Prewired Distributors Sources in Canada

Can anyone suggest a reasonably priced source for pre-wired distributors in Canada? The postage that most people charge to ship items across the border is all often very high and unreasonable - especially when it comes to many ( most? ) ebay sellers. Any help is appreciated.

Replicas and Miniatures of Maryland has some real beauties. Check with the owner Norm to see if he might send parts to the Great Frozen North in first-class mail envelopes.

EDIT: He has no website, so you'll either need to call him on the phone, or write for a current catalog with an order form in it.

Here's more info:

https://modelcar.show/articles/replicasandminiaturesofmaryland

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Sorry guys for not posting.. life has got in the way and I've been sorta tied up..

Thank you everyone for your input, suggestions and advice - I REALLY appreciate each and every reply. I'll try to contact Elm City Hobbies and filing that< I'll go with either R&M or MADD. I've bought from Norm before but that was when we were privileged to have a WA. State mailing  address. Crossing the Canada/U.S. Border is no longer an option ( for the time being anyways ) that I can enjoy. Many retailers want inflated prices for shipping into Canada a,d being as I'm not tripping over my money and the cost of living is going up, I am compelled to try to keep expenses down.

I also appreciate your tutorial Daniel and will certainly keep your suggestion in mind. Thank you again everyone and I am always open too suggestions. Gary

On 9/7/2022 at 4:52 PM, impcon said:

I also appreciate your tutorial Daniel and will certainly keep your suggestion in mind.

I like it, because, once the initial expenditures are made, I know that, any time I need a distributor/magneto cap, I can make it! And, it's already "drilled" as well! I've been using that technique for over thirty years.

I have placed a small order with Elm City Hobbies as I found Scott to be VERY personable and willing to help - plus he offers honest, decent, actual  shipping charges that sure are the best that I have found.. He has a decent assortment stock and will try to get what is needed if he doesn't have it in stock. My order will come in a padded envelop for considerably less than I'd have to pay were the items coming from the U.S. He'll be my first go to guy for what I need from here on.

Thank you guys for the other retailers - I sure appreciate your input.