Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cat in a trailer

stavanzer

14 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

I dunno, but wouldn't it be cool if cats were really that big compared to trucks? Sure would clean up the human gene pool in a hurry.  ;)

As the owner (or at least, husband of the owner) of a tiny kitten that will fit in my pocket, I have discovered that the amount of chaos and disruption to one's life that a cat can bring is NOT proportionate to it's size.  I suspect we could own a pet sabre-tooth tiger instead and it would barely be any extra inconvenience.

Reminds me of a news story I read in NYC a few years back about a guy who lived across the street from a retirement community, who had a pet tiger.  The folk in the old folks home had reported seeing a tiger in the apartment window across the street but no-one believed them; and then one day the tiger bit the guy, and he went to hospital and tried to claim a dog bit him.  A particularly large dog, presumably.

The hospital staff got suspicious, alerted the police, cops went to his apartment in the Bronx and yep, there's a tiger in there 🙄  Said tiger got moved to Ohio, for some reason, and lived out the rest of his life peacefully, and presumably with a lot more room than he had in his Bronx apartment

Cats - big or small - will install themselves into the tightest spots which seem to defy physics. They can do so because their arms and legs aren't directly-attached to their spine; their spine can twist and flip in ways that're completely foreign to we bipeds. 

When I first brough home Tæo (two years ago), he was still a tiny chaton. He'd found old cat toys and silverware that was long lost! Haha! He'd lay on his side, and swat under the stove and refrigerator; into nooks that're inaccessible to bipeds (or even adult felines). 

That photo of the chaton in that trailer reminds me of the first brood of kittens my family had. It was in 1986 (kittens born on 12th April, four days before me 16th birthday); I couldn't believe just how tiny those four chatons were! My sister - she's 8 years my junior - was playing with my old Tonkas and whatnot, and the kittens - after they were weened - would cuddle-up inside truck beds and front loaders and other compact spaces.

Amazing (and superior) creatures.