Model Cars Magazine Forum

'56 Fairlane Mild Custom.....

JollySipper

10 minutes ago, ea0863 said:

Wow, if this is a "mild custom", I have got to check out your wilder builds! :) 

Yea, this one is a little far out to be a 'mild' kustom! Usually mild to me means without a bunch of body work (chopping, sectioning, and such....) Here's some more builds, I tag my finished models to have them all in one place.........

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/tags/jollysipper/

2 hours ago, JollySipper said:

Thanks, Carl man...... but It looks like I may just have to paint this in a solid color. I can't get the doors to come out right!  <_<

If you do it not a bad thing. You could alway leave the hood and trunk like they are..

47 minutes ago, JollySipper said:

Yea, this one is a little far out to be a 'mild' kustom! Usually mild to me means without a bunch of body work (chopping, sectioning, and such....) Here's some more builds, I tag my finished models to have them all in one place.........

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/tags/jollysipper/

I just checked out your other builds, thanks for the the link! You really have an eye for complementing colors to suit body shapes, and the stance you get on your vehicles seems spot on.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, fellas..... Just wanted you to know that I'm still working on this! It's been either too windy, or raining lately, so I can't do much in the way of painting.... I did get the engine together. It's a pretty good representation of a Y-block with only the starter, oil filter, and fuel pump molded in......

SDC10330.JPG.adf30f06f5d5a56831113dcc3ca6ee8d.JPG

• Like 3

15 hours ago, JollySipper said:

Paint and clear happened today! I'll need to get some outside pics for you guys. The clear I use takes a couple days for the cloudiness to clear up.

Thanks for lookin, and tell me what you think!

I’m thinking I love that color! What is it?

• 1 month later...