Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Migthy Mopars Update


BobbyG
 Share

Recommended Posts

Update on my early Mopars: 62 Dodge Ramcharger, 62 Plymouth wagon, 63 Dodge Ramcharger and 63 Plymouth Savoy. I am using the Lindberg Dodge chassis and inner fenders that have the correct shock towers which I had casted in resin. The interiors have correct door panels. These have been dormant for quite a while but  recently finished most of the body modifications. The cross ram manifolds were mastered by me and Kevin at Missing Link cast them in resin, and are available by him. The Carter carbs are from Fireball Model Werks as well as the Mopare steelies. Final fitmenets to the 62 Dodge and 63 Plymouth need to be made beforee paint. The 62 will me light metallic blue with a matching multi-blue interior. The 63 will be dark blue metallic with a multi blue interior as well. The 62 wagon needs a lot of work and will be the last to finish. All have clear headlights and using Fireball's Mopar door handles. I appreciate any suggestions and comments. 

thumbnail (1).jpg

thumbnail (2).jpg

thumbnail (3).jpg

thumbnail (4).jpg

thumbnail (5).jpg

thumbnail (6).jpg

thumbnail (8).jpg

thumbnail (9).jpg

thumbnail (11).jpg

thumbnail (12).jpg

thumbnail (14).jpg

thumbnail (15).jpg

thumbnail (16).jpg

thumbnail (17).jpg

thumbnail.jpg

Edited by BobbyG
  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

All looking fantastic!

Love to see all of the extra "love" going into them.

 

Are these all originals, or are some of them resin?

 

 

 

Steve

Steve all original. The 63 Dodge was a convertible with broken windshield frame. Thanks for your comments, coming from you it's appreciated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, BobbyG said:

Steve all original. The 63 Dodge was a convertible with broken windshield frame. Thanks for your comments, coming from you it's appreciated.

I have several of these that I'd like to do someday as well.

Time will tell, but I have a '63 Fury hardtop that I got a start on a long time ago, as well as a '62 Fury convertible and hard top, and '63 Polara and '62 Dart convertibles.

I've got an original flat box '64 Fury, and '64 Polara that will probably take precedence over any of them though.

 

Next one on my bench after my '64 Bonneville is very likely going to be a '61 Dodge Dart.

 

Cool stuff!

Edited by StevenGuthmiller
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

I have several of these that I'd like to do someday as well.

Time will tell, but I have a '63 Fury hardtop that I got a start on a long time ago, as well as a '62 Fury convertible and hard top, and '63 Polara and '62 Dart convertibles.

I've got an original flat box '64 Fury, and '64 Polara that will probably take precedence over any of them though.

 

Next one on my bench after my '64 Bonneville is very likely going to be a '61 Dodge Dart.

 

Cool stuff!

Can't wait to see what you do with the 61 Dart!

I have a pristine flat box 64 Fury that is very deep in my heart because I wanted to buy a used 64 big block Sport Fury when I got my license but my dad talked me out of it being a big block. I have wanted that car ever since and with all the muscle cars I have owned, I never got my Sport Fury. It was metallic aqua with a black vinyl roof and interior. That is what I have planned for this one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BobbyG said:

Can't wait to see what you do with the 61 Dart!

I have a pristine flat box 64 Fury that is very deep in my heart because I wanted to buy a used 64 big block Sport Fury when I got my license but my dad talked me out of it being a big block. I have wanted that car ever since and with all the muscle cars I have owned, I never got my Sport Fury. It was metallic aqua with a black vinyl roof and interior. That is what I have planned for this one.

The plan at this point for my '64 Fury was going to be either "Sandalwood" or "Chestnut, or a combination thereof.

image.jpeg.8769c59c5fc5e0c2b9f70e954a27f168.jpeg

image.jpeg.62fd25b9da3e56bddaac260a9a54f846.jpeg

 

 

 

The '61 Dart is going to be a full detail, all red, D-500 version with the 383 "Long Ram" engine.

image.jpeg.2dc0baa17d79df0aac498f798b7ccf68.jpeg

image.jpeg.9b32928a42f7657fab9587ddc2d5974d.jpeg

 

 

 

Steve

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

The plan at this point for my '64 Fury was going to be either "Sandalwood" or "Chestnut, or a combination thereof.

image.jpeg.8769c59c5fc5e0c2b9f70e954a27f168.jpeg

image.jpeg.62fd25b9da3e56bddaac260a9a54f846.jpeg

 

 

 

The '61 Dart is going to be a full detail, all red, D-500 version with the 383 "Long Ram" engine.

image.jpeg.2dc0baa17d79df0aac498f798b7ccf68.jpeg

image.jpeg.9b32928a42f7657fab9587ddc2d5974d.jpeg

 

 

 

Steve

Oh yeah!!! What is your preference for primers?

Edited by BobbyG
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This may be overkill but I made these body dollies from Plastruct plastic to display the progress on my Mopars. They were quick and easy and I made them adjustment bar moveable.

dolly 1.jpg

dolly 2.jpg

Edited by BobbyG
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This morning I worked on the taillight panel of the 63 Dodge to resemble the 330  taillights uisng 63 Buick Riviera bezels and lenses as this is the closest to the actual car. They fit nicely into the modified  panel openng. I need to put some finishing touches on the bezels trim to match,

thumbnail (23).jpg

thumbnail (21).jpg

thumbnail (22).jpg

63-Dodge-330_Rear.jpg

11897703-1963-dodge-330-thumb.jpg

Edited by BobbyG
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Made some mods over the  weekend on the 63 Dodge. As suggestion from a FB follower, he made me aware that the Lindberg Mopar firewalls are inaccurate and thet JoHan firewall is correct, so I cut in the Johan piece and added details to get the firewall close to the 1:1. Now I need make resin copies for the rest of the Mopars. I also modified the front support with details that are unique to the Dodge. The tailights were a bit small compared to the real car so the openings were modified for 63 Riviera tailights which are closer, trim was added to the bezels to match the Dodge. While I was at it, a battery tray is  needed. Hope you all like the progress.

thumbnail (17).jpg

thumbnail (18).jpg

thumbnail (20).jpg

thumbnail (21).jpg

thumbnail (22).jpg

thumbnail (23).jpg

thumbnail (24).jpg

thumbnail (26).jpg

thumbnail (27).jpg

018-medium.jpg

029-medium.jpg

Edited by BobbyG
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...