Model Cars Magazine Forum

64 Riviera by Ted "Chopper" Lear

ViperDave

Ok, here's a question that's been bugging me for ages. I don't know the guy, so I assume there's a story behind this...

Why is it that every time a model of Ted Lear's is posted up, somebody else does the posting? Why does he never post his own photos?

Ok, here's a question that's been bugging me for ages. I don't know the guy, so I assume there's a story behind this...

Why is it that every time a model of Ted Lear's is posted up, somebody else does the posting? Why does he never post his own photos?

Harry, I've met Ted at different shows------the last show, (Toledo '08) he told me he had great difficulty in getting pictures to post here, and didn't like the hassle in doing so. Also, there was an issue IIRC, with the board remembering his password.

At least that's what he told me. I don't think he has any animus toward Gregg or any of the members here, it's just he doesn't think the board is as user friendly as he'd like.

Might be other reasons, but that's the one I remember............:)

For a long time Chopper didn't have a digital camera or a computer. I took the pics and posted them. Now he has both but he was having problems downloading the pics and he also has to share the computer with his family so he doesn't get a lot of time on it.

Thanks Dave

Harry, I've met Ted at different shows------the last show, (Toledo '08) he told me he had great difficulty in getting pictures to post here, and didn't like the hassle in doing so. Also, there was an issue IIRC, with the board remembering his password.

At least that's what he told me. I don't think he has any animus toward Gregg or any of the members here, it's just he doesn't think the board is as user friendly as he'd like.

Might be other reasons, but that's the one I remember............:angry:

Bill, You are correct. He has tried to sign on a bunch of times and for some reason he has problems. I think he needs to start over with a new name and password.

Chopper doesn't have any problems with anybody on here and of course none with Gregg either. In fact all of us went out for dinner together last year in Atlanta.

As a matter for fact the last time we saw you was when we all went out together for dinner in Toledo.

Thanks Dave

harry, the reason why i have dave posted pics for me cause for one i had so much trouble getting through plus i have no problem with gregg nor anyone on the board, but mow i fiallly got here i can respond or even (with any luck) post pics on my own. btw thanks for the comments on my rivi.

Ted, I didn't mean to imply that you had any issues with Gregg or the forum.

But I had seen several of your models posted here, but always posted by someone else, not by you! So naturally I wondered what the story was.

Might be other reasons, but that's the one I remember............B)

hey bill i finally got on , i had to use my i phone to get it going. and btw how are u doing?