Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mickey Thompson Pinto F/C

Hello......another older build.......I have been posting older stuff rather than new because .........I wanted to share how I improved my skills......by researching more and taking my time on the build.......I will post knew stuff once in awhile.......but, hopefully you will enjoy some of these older builds.....also on some of these older builds I would get criticized for a wrong engine block color or that spark plug wire doesn`t go there......or thats the wrong wheels on that car.......anyway I am so glad that I got criticized......because it made me want to build better......so any of you that get criticized for you builds....... please don`t take it to heart .......just build for your self and and take pictures of you build and check to see if you mad a mistake somewhere..........This build started out as a original Johan Mickey Thompson pinto f/c that I bought off Ebay.........wired and plumbed........H.O.K. white ......airbrushed Tamiya metallic blue and "Odd`s and End`s" gold.........Slixx decals.........I cut the rear window out and added a open and close one....thank`s

DSCF2277.jpg

DSCF2240.jpg

DSCF2251.jpg

DSCF2258.jpg

DSCF2267.jpg

DSCF2259.jpg

DSCF2264.jpg

DSCF2266.jpg

DSCF2229.jpg

DSCF2281.jpg

Edited by JOHN TERESI

Hey John,

Love this car, enjoy all your posts whether brand new or your first ever model, and everything in between. Really cool idea with the back window, and your words ring true, just build, study, improve and keep on buildin'!! Once again, thank you for sharing and posting for us. Keep 'em coming sir!!

Mike

John, because its an "older" build of yours, I want to say IT STINKS :P But I cant ... all your builds are stunning old, new, whatever. I'm glad and appreciate you taking the time to post your builds here as they are truly amazing and inspirational. I've saved many of your pics since my time here. In all honesty, your one of my favorite builders around. This one is no different, stunning as usual. Take care, Mike

....also on some of these older builds I would get criticized for a wrong engine block color or that spark plug wire doesn`t go there......or thats the wrong wheels on that car.......anyway I am so glad that I got criticized......because it made me want to build better......so any of you that get criticized for you builds....... please don`t take it to heart ......

Thanks for posting this John. This is one of the biggest reasons why I don't post on that "other" board much anymore. There's nobody over there that wants any critique of any kind and so nobody over there will ever get any better.

BTW, this Pinto of yours is outstanding, no critique needed! :P

You truly speak words of wisdom regarding critiques John.

I agree and like it when others point something out. It makes ME a better modeler as well.

Of course this build is beautiful in every sense of the word.

Time to dig out my Jo-Han Mustang I think.

I need decals for it though. Any ideas? I want to build it with the shotgun it comes with.

Bob

Well we cant say you outdid yourself againblink.gif but you outdid most of us again. Your work is as amazing then as it is amazing and inspiring now. Thank you for sharing not only your stellar work but also your humble and willing to share approach to modelling. Cheers Brett

....also on some of these older builds I would get criticized for a wrong engine block color or that spark plug wire doesn`t go there......or thats the wrong wheels on that car.......anyway I am so glad that I got criticized......because it made me want to build better......so any of you that get criticized for you builds....... please don`t take it to heart .......just build for your self and and take pictures of you build and check to see if you mad a mistake somewhere...

I believe what John said above. John has been dominating the contest circuit in SoCal for the last few years. I have been able to check out his amazing builds in person. John always answered any questions he could. Once when I was checking out his Allison powered mustang, I was noticing how nice the bluing was on the headers. He said, "Yeah, some guys said my bluing [on earlier builds] did not look realistic, so I really worked on it."

Simple as that. No defensiveness, just a desire to get even better. Way to go, John.

Scott

• 3 years later...